The Solid Black Classy Space

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Newbie

TOO Supporting Member
Green Level Supporter
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Black is the color of mystery; it is associated with power, elegance, and the unknown. It denotes strength and authority, and exudes formal elegance and prestige. Post your best photos of the Model 3 donning a coat of Solid Black here.

byee

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Was a nice overcast morning here in socal so pulled the model 3 out for a quick shoot. i've owned a few black cars in my life up until my last one, which was a space gray BMW. told myself i'd never go back to taking care of a black car, but ended up going with the solid black + aeros in favor of getting EAP, and to be honest, am not regretting it one bit (check back in with me in a year). picked up the car last friday and did my first waterless wash last night. no other treatments on the paint otherwise.

img_1761-jpg.11853
img_1781-jpg.11854
img_1787-jpg.11855
img_1775-jpg.11856

Country
Country
Nice! Great photos!
Was a nice overcast morning here in socal so pulled the model 3 out for a quick shoot. i've owned a few black cars in my life up until my last one, which was a space gray BMW. told myself i'd never go back to taking care of a black car, but ended up going with the solid black + aeros in favor of getting EAP, and to be honest, am not regretting it one bit (check back in with me in a year). picked up the car last friday and did my first waterless wash last night. no other treatments on the paint otherwise.

View attachment 11853 View attachment 11854 View attachment 11855 View attachment 11856

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My Black Tesla model 3 ------Black , Black stock 19" sport rims, 70% tint front windshield and roof glass, 40% tint back windows and sides, custom plate ,black wood vinyl wrap on dash .... Classy simply black Tesla Model 3

Attachments

Tzoid

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My Black Tesla model 3 ------Black , Black stock 19" sport rims, 70% tint front windshield and roof glass, 40% tint back windows and sides, custom plate ,black wood vinyl wrap on dash .... Classy simply black Tesla Model 3
Very nice. Thanks for the pics. Nice plates too.

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
The only way to make a gorgeous Model 3 more pretty is to have Mother Nature kiss it. This is a dewy morning with glistening diamonds on the car and showing off the solar coating on the roof glass. Mobile Ranger just installed my lug cap kit so aero skeleton rims on display. Looks GREAT on a black car!

5813ff2f-3c03-42e5-87cd-7a9f91d66c79-jpeg.15830

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I didn't realize how few photos were over here at the majestic Black space. After having this car only a week, it's going to be a pain to keep up with. I need a coating on it bad, but not sure I'll get it done with colder weather here. I picked this one up last Tuesday 11/20. Look at the love for Black in Dallas. This had to be a record - 4 in for delivery at once. 3 with white interior and 1 with black. Mine was on the left. Would have been a tad nicer had they closed the garage door back to the shop/delivery area, but I'll take it.
img_3846-jpeg.18295
img_3846-jpeg.18295

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Have had mine for about 2 weeks and loving the black. It's my first black car so definitely getting into the pain of cleaning a black car :) ... but still, in love. Got tint + chrome delete done over Thanksgiving weekend.

Anyone out there done or seen photos of blacked-out, aeros-off original rims? I haven't been hating the aeros as much as I thought, but after seeing some of these photos above, I do think I'll pull them off sometime before the end of the year. Thinking about blacking out the 18"s on there but surprisingly not many photos of that online.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Anyone out there done or seen photos of blacked-out, aeros-off original rims? I haven't been hating the aeros as much as I thought, but after seeing some of these photos above, I do think I'll pull them off sometime before the end of the year. Thinking about blacking out the 18"s on there but surprisingly not many photos of that online.
I searched for 5 minutes, but couldn't find any pics.

I think the dark gray of the 18's look good with black. The issue you end up having when you have black wheels on a black car is that the eyes are then drawn straight to your tires, because unless you are meticulous about cleaning those tires, they will be the most obviously non-black thing left on the car. It looks a little strange when the wheels are darker than the tires.

I know this because I did it with my last car.
Gotta keep those tires cleaned & shined. :)

ADK46

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Interesting point about the hazards of making your wheels darker than the natural look of "aged" tires.

For another black car for which I have an extra set of wheels - anodized aluminum finish - I considered making them black. After a session with Photoshop, I decided it made the car look too menacing.

I was hoping to warm up to the not-quite-black aero covers, but it hasn't happened. They draw my eye away from the beautiful shape of the car, and I can't say I disagree with the devastating word some use to describe them: hideous. Maybe I'll take them off and eat the 14-mile range hit. I could put them back on for trips.

At the moment, though, my wife and I agree that we'll paint them a dark eggplant purple, "Electric Purple Metallic!" Turn them into a statement to those who look closely - this ain't no ordinary sedan.

====================

If you felt a disturbance in the Black Force recently, it is because a previously secret collection was revealed to the Porsche community:

whitecollection-jpg.18355

Country
Country
I didn't realize how few photos were over here at the majestic Black space. After having this car only a week, it's going to be a pain to keep up with. I need a coating on it bad, but not sure I'll get it done with colder weather here. I picked this one up last Tuesday 11/20. Look at the love for Black in Dallas. This had to be a record - 4 in for delivery at once. 3 with white interior and 1 with black. Mine was on the left. Would have been a tad nicer had they closed the garage door back to the shop/delivery area, but I'll take it. View attachment 18295 View attachment 18295
Thanks for sharing! This is awesome! I love seeing the 3s in the streets in the Dallas-Fort Worth area!

P13

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Hi Guys, i’m new here! I’ve configured a MSM M3 a few days ago, thinking about switching to solid black. But...... the story’s about the swirls and small scratches make me nervous. How about your honest opinion on this? Thanks!

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi Guys, i’m new here! I’ve configured a MSM M3 a few days ago, thinking about switching to solid black. But...... the story’s about the swirls and small scratches make me nervous. How about your honest opinion on this? Thanks!
Unless you are meticulous about taking care of your car's paint, you're going to get swirls and light scratches. That's true of any car. It's just that black makes them so much more noticeable.

Country
Country
I agree. There are swirl marks and scratches but you would really have to look closely to see them. The same is happening on the other Model 3s with color. You can always wrap the car later if you wish to change colors.