The perfect TX license plate for the M3

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I ordered custom plates this week in TX for the M3 that will be along in a couple of months. I signed up to get notification emails from myplates.com - I got one just today there are 3 new license plate numbers going up for auction.

Three single digit plates are up for auction right now. One of them is simply "3" (the others are "8" and" J". https://www.myplates.com/Auction The bid is already at $3100 and it says the reserve has not been met. If you got some extra cash - would love to know someone driving a M3 wins/affords it. The auction lasts til the end of the month.

I don't know how this private company (myplates.com) has been given so much power by the state to capture and sell at big premiums some of the plates they have over the years. I would hope/assume proceeds go to the state, but it's hard to know. Cowboys was one that went for some big bucks a few years back.

Last edited:

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I ordered custom plates this week in TX for the M3 that will be along in a couple of months. I signed up to get notification emails from myplates.com - I got one just today there are 3 new license plate numbers going up for auction.

Three single digit plates are up for auction right now. One of them is simply "3" (the others are "8" and" J". https://www.myplates.com/Auction The bid is already at $3100 and it says the reserve has not been met. If you got some extra cash - would love to know someone driving a M3 wins/affords it. The auction lasts til the end of the month.

I don't know how this private company (myplates.com) has been given so much power by the state to capture and sell at big premiums some of the plates they have over the years. I would hope/assume proceeds go to the state, but it's hard to know. Cowboys was one that went for some big bucks a few years back.
Boy! that is a hefty price for a custom plate.

Impatient

Country
Country

I'm watching that auction, too. To answer your question, the proceeds go back to the Texas general fund.