The Pearl White Multi-Coat Peaceful Space

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This is the first white car I have ever owned. Suddenly, I'm getting lots of grease/oil/tar on my rocker panels. I've only noticed this in the past six weeks or so. I can only think of three reasons why this might be happening now but not 3 months ago. 1-Extreme heat allowing tar/asphalt to splash on the rockers. 2-Just changed to new tires. 3-Added mud guards. These are the only things that have changed and I can't imagine mudguards causing this. Anyone with more white car experience have an explanation?

Defjukie

Country
Country
This is the first white car I have ever owned. Suddenly, I'm getting lots of grease/oil/tar on my rocker panels. I've only noticed this in the past six weeks or so. I can only think of three reasons why this might be happening now but not 3 months ago. 1-Extreme heat allowing tar/asphalt to splash on the rockers. 2-Just changed to new tires. 3-Added mud guards. These are the only things that have changed and I can't imagine mudguards causing this. Anyone with more white car experience have an explanation?
Same here, first time with white, and I've been getting that tar build up a lot. The only thing that I've found effectively gets it off is using a lot of goo gone and scrubbing. I feel like I'm committing a cardinal sin every time I do it. I think this car, in particular, has a bad problem with road debris. Just basing this on posts I see about paint chips and flaking on the rocker panels.

Vin

Country
Country
I have a white 3 also, but I had my rocker panels covered in PPF early on so that helps. However one product I use that seems to work well with a variety of dirt/crud is Car Pro's Ech2o https://www.carpro-us.com/wash/wate...ro-ech2o-waterless-qd-concentrate-500ml-17oz/
It also works well to get bugs off the car.
Hope that helps.
Note: I've had my car for a year and 3 months and have used this product the whole time.