The official "800 Day Club"

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Picking up on Saturday, June 9, 2018. 800 days from the March 31, 2016 initial order day. Vin 23820, Midnight Silver with Sports and EAP. Interesting to know how many different and varied VIN's will be picked up on the same day.

This is still one of my favorite graphs - will let us see what VIN and color combination. I'll post my build date once I get it tomorrow.

Last edited:

Gunn

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Picking up is scheduled for Saturday, June 9th (hi fellow 800's) at the Marina Del Rey location in CA @ 1:30pm
VIN is in the 022XXX range, RED, Aero with no EAP.

monitron

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was about to post here to request membership in this club but just spoke to a member of my local Delivery team to tell me I'm now in the Day 802 club, a far less prestigious organization to be sure. :)

Still I'd like to congratulate you all and contribute this, which I think could make a great logo:

800club-png.9901

Hope you all have a great Saturday!!

monitron

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well, I jinxed it. They just called and there's an "imperfection" in my car. So I'm not getting it until Thursday.

If anyone needs me, I'll be at the bottom of a bottle somewhere.
Aauuggh! Hang in there man. Did they say what the problem was?

bradkeller

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Aauuggh! Hang in there man. Did they say what the problem was?
"A small imperfection with the brightwork." I made them explain what brightwork is, since I'm a normal human and not a car guy. Apparently it's metal at the top of the door.

They had to order a part. I just wish that they maybe had checked earlier this week, instead of the day before.

sjcsale

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just joined the 807 day club. What a great Father's day weekend.
Super! And you got catching color Ts for your kids!! Absolute winner!
I have the same color car.

Where did you get the Blue Tesla T-shirts from?

Last edited:

bradkeller

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My brother in law works for Tesla. He got them for us years ago. So I assume he got them at the gift shop in Fremont.

(I'd like to point out that having a family member as an employee gets you ZERO special treatment. I've been waiting for two years like everyone else. And I have a car before him.)

lascavarian

Country
Country
Hi All,

I am a few weeks from delivery as a line waiter on day one. In prep for a trade-in I went ahead and paid off the lien on my existing ride. Problem is that the state has to send/mail me the clean title. This seems to be a hold up for Tesla. I have a letter confirming the lien is paid off, the lien company has faxed a letter to Tesla as well, yet I am told it could take the state up to 6 weeks to send me the physical paper title. I have talked to quick tag services and they say there is nothing that can be done but wait. The state does not have a human that can answer the phone, only an automated message system that does not include title questions.

I have sent off the pictures to Tesla to get my trade-in quote but that seems to be as far as it is going without the paper title.

I don't think Tesla is a auto dealer in the traditional sense so I don't know what they are capable of doing in this case. It may be as simple as crafting a bill of sale from me in the absence of the paper title. Hard to know and I don't hold this as any problem on Tesla's part.

Anyone else traded in a vehicle where the title was in a bit of administrative limbo?

lascavarian

Country
Country
Update,

There is a way to get a title quicker. With a lien lifted the title gets updated pretty quickly but the mailing process can be slow. It seems possible to go to the walk-up window at the state capital and ask for a duplicate title ($50ish) in real time. I guess they query the records and can print one out while you wait. A huge hassle but a better resolution.