Official The Official ‘Delivery status’ thread!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Quick silver - mentioned before I'm watching your invite because you should order a week or two before me - I'm an online reservation as soon as I could get in hitting enter.

I firmly believe they will clear all instore line waiters before they hit online reservations, and I think that is 3-4 weeks away. I'm basing mainly on Troy's estimator, but he has a small glitch somewhere he is looking into. I put in my information, online reservation at 9:30 local time and for kicks put information in about an instore reservation an hour ahead of that at 8:30 Central time and it put the order time for online ahead of Instore.

Troy has a ton of data and he knows it well, but he has to look at that calculation (he is aware) -might just all be about time zones. Once he fixes that I figure I could slide a week or so or you'll move up another week. I think by April 15 we will have both ordered though or maybe earlier considering that deferral rate from yesterday is about 35%.
Yes, that it is odd that the in-store earlier reservations show later config/delivery timeline than online reservations. I saw that too when I was playing with the estimator.

ummgood

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Great idea! I am going to drive up to the Austin service center today to see if they have any Model 3 so I can check out colors.
I did it! My goal was to see what the colors looked like. Sorry Tesla I was the creeper in the back parking lot checking out the cars. I felt really weird lurking around but I am glad I did. They had a bunch of Model 3's there. I thought I was going to strike out until I pulled around back and parked. There were the most Model 3's I have ever seen. There were 2 whites, 3 blues, 1 midnight silver, and 1 silver. These were all out in the open. I didn't get to see black or red but those colors weren't in the running for me.

The blue was really beautiful but I would be concerned with the finish looking bad like black after a few years. The whites weren't my thing because 1 they were all wet/dirty and they looked like basic white cars to me dirty and 2 I used to wash fleet cars at my father's dealership when I was a kid and frankly I could never buy a white car because they look all like fleet cars to me. The midnight silver wasn't as attractive as I was hoping for. (I think my parent's dark grey escape has a better dark grey finish). The silver was just everything I wanted it to be. So when I order that will be the finish of my car.

Also after seeing the aero wheels up close I still don't like them :) Sport wheels for me. This is the only full car shot I took (Because I felt guilty for being a creeper). I also took shots of the two highest vins and posted them to the vin thread.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Quick - I know you are on here a lot so you've probably seen the reports from the TX folks, but just in case, that say not only does Tesla have to have the full payment before you get the car like in CA, but they have to have the full payment before they'll even release the car to ship to TX. So we have to pay up a week or so before even getting to see the car, however long shipping and prep take.
Do you know how the Sales Taxes work in TX? I heard we have to handle that separately (like going down to tax office in person).

ummgood

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Same here. Since I reserved late afternoon at the Dallas store, I am wondering if they are lumping me into the 1st day online reservation folks (didn't online reservations not start until 9PM CST?). I recalled that it took a couple of days to receive the e-mail from Tesla of my reservation; however, my account shows that I reserved 3/31/16 which is correct.
Yeah my email came at 4:58pm on April 1st. I just checked because I don't delete emails.

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Depending on how they do the waves, they might combine late in-store and online. However, I wouldn't count on it, yet, simply because they haven't gotten very far into many of the queues at certain locations. I was in the first 40 people in my line, and wasn't in the first wave. I suppose there's a reasonable chance I'll be in the next, but we'll have to see. I do think this is the case with a lot of the locations that I've seen people mention here - it seems like many of the first 25 or so at each location had a good chance at being in wave one, but anything beyond that was not guaranteed.

I also did not get the email right away, it was also a few days later.

I can live with waiting a little longer - gives me a couple more weeks to finish up the wall connector and a better chance of not having to take delivery with snow on the ground. Still, I am curious how they're going to handle the waves now - I assume it won't be any different than it was with owners, so we might see some next week, or it may be two weeks.
Your explanation makes sense. I don't mind waiting a bit longer. It's hard though seeing everyone else starting to get invited to configure! ;) Happy for them though because they also waited a long long time.

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I did it! My goal was to see what the colors looked like. Sorry Tesla I was the creeper in the back parking lot checking out the cars. I felt really weird lurking around but I am glad I did. They had a bunch of Model 3's there. I thought I was going to strike out until I pulled around back and parked. There were the most Model 3's I have ever seen. There were 2 whites, 3 blues, 1 midnight silver, and 1 silver. These were all out in the open. I didn't get to see black or red but those colors weren't in the running for me.

The blue was really beautiful but I would be concerned with the finish looking bad like black after a few years. The whites weren't my thing because 1 they were all wet/dirty and they looked like basic white cars to me dirty and 2 I used to wash fleet cars at my father's dealership when I was a kid and frankly I could never buy a white car because they look all like fleet cars to me. The midnight silver wasn't as attractive as I was hoping for. (I think my parent's dark grey escape has a better dark grey finish). The silver was just everything I wanted it to be. So when I order that will be the finish of my car.

Also after seeing the aero wheels up close I still don't like them :) Sport wheels for me. This is the only full car shot I took (Because I felt guilty for being a creeper). I also took shots of the two highest vins and posted them to the vin thread.
You Sir, are making the right choice! Nice of you to take a pic of my future Quicksilver! ;) I've mulled over and debated in my head all the different color choices but still came up with silver as the one and only choice - that and the 19-inch wheels!

Here are two pics from Tsportline...very nice...!!

m3a-png.5923
m3d-png.5924

ummgood

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Yeah I like the T-sportline stuff. I am not sure if I like the Model S knockoff look. I think if I was going aftermarket I would probably prefer to go with something not turbine looking.

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Do you know how the Sales Taxes work in TX? I heard we have to handle that separately (like going down to tax office in person).
I spoke to a local Tesla store manager and he said everything is handled through their Las Vegas office. So we new owners will not have to go down to the DMV to do paperwork. I believe this includes paying taxes.

ummgood

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I spoke to a local Tesla store manager and he said everything is handled through their Las Vegas office. So we new owners will not have to go down to the DMV to do paperwork. I believe this includes paying taxes.
From what I understand is Tesla now works with a 3rd party company here in Texas to transfer ownership, pay taxes, and collect plates for your car.

KGTES

Country
Country
Based on Google Maps Timeline (I couldn't remember what time I place reservation so I looked it up) I was at Northpark Store in Dallas from 1:19pm to 2:01pm on 3/31/2016 (left right after placing reservation). No invite yet.
ba_olson, ya, I went through my google timeline as well since I couldnt remember the exact time either. I placed my order in the Phoenix, AZ store as I was there on business at around 1pm MT.
I am thinking I won't get an invite until at least next week, if not longer, assuming weekly invite windows.

Deadbattery

Country
Country
Nothing for me yet either...I was a line waiter at the Dedham store. ~60th or so in line. Got my reservation in at 10:43am. I know someone in PA that reserved at 10:20am and she's able to configure now.

--Cintoman
I was ~20th? In line in Natick, there was an internet glitch so we stood around wating for 5 minutes or so waiting for hjebordering sustem to come back up. Was out of the store by 10:15ish.

Ordered today
Red
Aero
ESD

3-6 weeks

NOGA$4ME

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Anyone think there will be another batch of invites released before next Thursday? I was an early line waiter (10:30amET) but didn’t make the first cut.
To be honest I was a bit surprised that this batch hit yesterday and not next week. But it could be that the last "cleanup" batch of owners was smaller than the others.

So my thought, and given that this batch appears to be much larger than any in the past, and with a lower deferral rate, I would not expect another batch to go out next week. Plus, we will likely have to see a new batch of VINs registered before another batch goes out.

Having said that, if there IS another batch next week, I will have to reconsider my ramp estimates, and whether Tesla's statement of being able to hit 2500 battery modules/week was just a "possible" statement, or in fact an actual plan to do so. If there is another batch next week, I think we can all celebrate!

Mobocracy

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Oh come on stop complaining, In California we make it up in volume. Are you are forgetting that we also have one of the highest State income taxes and property tax, that along with the high sales tax (it is 9.5% where I live) makes us the high tax winner! Yaaaa
We do get that handy clean air rebate for being in CA.

Tesla Model 3
2017-2018
Manufacturer's Website
$2,500
APPLY NOW

Impatient

Country
Country
My MVPA confirms this. Tesla handles taxes, title, and licensing now. No more line waiting!

wooo13

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I was in Tysons, VA today so I stopped in the store there to ask about timelines for delivery, since I configured yesterday. I configured so quickly that I didn’t see the delivery estimate, which seems to be 3-6 weeks for most. Anyways, the Tesla employee congratulated me on the configuration and said realistically I should have my car in 6-8 weeks. I figured Tesla is pushing their sales team to temper expectations, or the VA location maybe can’t handle the incoming flux of deliveries. Just speculation on my part. For all I know, I could randomly get assigned a car that happens to be in the area that no one else has configured!