The new Fast EV Wheel for Model 3 is coming - help me design it!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

doghouse33

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If you want to do that, why not just use the OEM 18" wheels?
I need a second set of wheels for winters. Depending on what becomes available, my OEM 18's will get the winter tires and the new wheels will be used the rest of the year. As most road trips would be on the "summer" tires/wheels, it would be nice to gain that little bit of range. While our winter weather here is typically pretty mild, usually above freezing, except for the odd cold spell that might last a week, the Aero covers may be a bit of benefit on the run to Whistler. Plus, the covers may help to keep the wheels a little cleaner on the road to the ski hills.

pumxee

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yes indeed, we're expecting the first production samples for testing in the next week or two, once approved we should see first batch of customer wheels arrive mid to late October.
How would I be able to test these out as well? I live in Calgary Canada where the conditions are harsh and I would be very interested in these for a winter setup

Mad Hungarian

Resident M3OC Wheel/Tire Guru
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
How would I be able to test these out as well? I live in Calgary Canada where the conditions are harsh and I would be very interested in these for a winter setup
Can't send any more sets out for testing (that would put me out of a job ;)) but you'll be able to order them from any of our dealers in August and receive them in the latter half of October.
Here's our dealer locator: https://www.fastwheels.ca/en/find-a-dealer

slarty

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yes indeed, we're expecting the first production samples for testing in the next week or two, once approved we should see first batch of customer wheels arrive mid to late October.
these look awesome. I’m currently shopping for 18” winter wheels. is there an msrp?

dburkland

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Keeping an eye on these as they are not only aesthetically appealing but also aero dynamically efficient as well. I am interested to know what the MSRP will be as could function as both my winter wheel as well as my summer cruise wheel.

Mad Hungarian

Resident M3OC Wheel/Tire Guru
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
these look awesome. I’m currently shopping for 18” winter wheels. is there an msrp?
Keeping an eye on these as they are not only aesthetically appealing but also aero dynamically efficient as well. I am interested to know what the MSRP will be as could function as both my winter wheel as well as my summer cruise wheel.
No MSRP yet, but expect to have that in early August.

Richt

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It's getting closer to Winter time and it would be great to get these rims for a P3D soon!

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It's getting closer to Winter time and it would be great to get these rims for a P3D soon!
The 18” will work on a P3D with 5mm spacers, that’s what we did on Ian’s CSR when we did the efficiency testing on the track. Ian said they will make a P3D variant with the correct offset soon. Larger wheels such as 19 and 20” will likely be developed next year. Right now it’s all about 18” and that perfect for a winter combo.

You can watch the testing we did here:

Richt

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Oh got it. That’s even better, 18” are going to be way better for putting on snow tires for sure. So I guess the million dollar question, is how we can get one down here in Seattle :) Listened to your podcast and it seems like that’s still work in progress, but is there an mailing list we can sign up for or something?

The 18” will work on a P3D with 5mm spacers, that’s what we did on Ian’s CSR when we did the efficiency testing on the track. Ian said they will make a P3D variant with the correct offset soon. Larger wheels such as 19 and 20” will likely be developed next year. Right now it’s all about 18” and that perfect for a winter combo.

You can watch the testing we did here:

dburkland

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@Mad Hungarian Since the M3P "18 x "8.5 +35 offset w/ 70.2 bore are making it into the first production run what is the best way to pre-order these as a US customer? I checked on both fastwheels.ca and canadawheels.ca however do not see any mention of this spec (or a way to pre-order it). We usually get standing snow by end of November / early December here in MN so having these on hand sooner rather than later would be preferred. I am trying to avoid the use of spacers as I'd like to make these wheels serve double duty (winter wheels and for light track use in summer w/ appropriate tires).

Status
Not open for further replies.