The Making of a Carbon Fiber Spoiler for Model 3

Roger Pressman

Supporting Vendor
Country
Country
Hi all,

Sorry for the long hiatus, but I’ve been kinda busy working on the many Model 3 accessory suggestions that M3OC members were gracious enough to offer a few months ago. We now have 15 products in various stages of development with a number to be offered sooner, rather than later.

One that we’re really excited about is a real carbon fiber spoiler for Model 3. The spoiler development process is fascinating, incorporating both engineering and art. I just posted Part 1 of a Making of … article on our website, accompanied by a reasonably detailed video. If you’ve wondered how spoilers are designed and fabricated, you might like it.

You can get access to both at:

The Making of a Carbon Fiber Spoiler for Model 3

Our recently launched Chrome Trunk Molding Applique has been a huge success (I don’t think any M3OC member suggested that one
J ) … so much so that we had to place an emergency order for more stock to meet demand. Many Model 3 products that came from M3OC suggestions are now in final prototype form and installed in my Model 3. Here's a sampling: custom wheels—the AG M580s that have generated an exceptionally long waiting list (here soon!), a custom dual wireless charger that replaces the rubber mat that currently resides on the charging shelf, a custom trunk organizer, a custom car cover, EVANNEX all-weather floor mats, and a series of vinyl kits that will allow you to personalize your interior and exterior, including one that’s whimsical, but we think is awesome.

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy the Making of article and video for the Carbon Fiber spoiler. We welcome your continuing product suggestions and comments.

Roger

Roger Pressman

Supporting Vendor
Country
Country
@garsh: The vinyl kits are coming very soon ... just have to take product photos and video and create the webpages. There are seven kits in total for both interior and exterior, but they're available for purchase individually. I'm very curious to see the reaction to our 'whimsical' kit, but one thing is certain—it doesn't provide a set of teeth for the front end :)