The lengths other car makers will go...

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Topher

Energy Curmudgeon
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
This car commercial demonstrates the lengths that other car makers will go to sell an ICE car.

Or perhaps, finding new uses for them, when they are obsolete.

Thank you kindly.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
This car commercial demonstrates the lengths that other car makers will go to sell an ICE car.

Thank you kindly.
Good one, Topher. Thought Kia was smarter than this... yet guess this the appeal to the Youuut (cf. My Cousin Vinny... :D)!

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Thank you kindly.
Desperation will set in soon ;)

BluestarE3

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Maybe I'm too old, but I don't really "get" the message of this commercial... is it that the car is tough enough to withstand abuse? If so, I am old enough to remember this American Tourister luggage commercial from the early 1970s, which was much more effective in conveying its message about the durability of its products::

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
o_O With all the button-mashing and door-slamming it looks like they're beating up the poor car. And I already forgot exactly what model car it was.

Speaking of that, back in college my Advertising professor (who used to be on the Ford marketing team) said of car ads:

"Car commercials are among the hardest to make memorable. I could replace any of these cars with another, and in 99% of these ads, it's still just a car. How do you stand out? The key to successful selling is to highlight a feature that no other car has or does as well as yours."

BluestarE3

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I wonder how many Kia test-drive cars will end up with roof dents, squeaky hinges and broken knobs because prospective customers will want to reproduce what they saw in the commercial to verify its accuracy? ;)