The Great Rear Heated Seat Debate

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiggerJon

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Rear seat heat update: the only wires I see going into the rear seat appear to be for the occupancy sensors. I could be wrong, but I’d expect to see a thicker gauge wire if they were for heat (please correct me if I’m wrong). There was a connection like this on both driver and passenger sides.

Attachments

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Rear seat heat update: the only wires I see going into the rear seat appear to be for the occupancy sensors. I could be wrong, but I’d expect to see a thicker gauge wire if they were for heat (please correct me if I’m wrong). There was a connection like this on both driver and passenger sides.
Having installed heated seats into my '08 Prius years ago, the guage of wire that came with the kit is the same as shown in your photo.....

telero

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Since T Sportline presumably took off the factory seat covers to install their replacement, wouldn't they be able to give some insight into whether or not heating pads are actually present in the rear?

Prodigal Son

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Since T Sportline presumably took off the factory seat covers to install their replacement, wouldn't they be able to give some insight into whether or not heating pads are actually present in the rear?
…why didn't I think of that?

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sadly no rear seat heaters present.
No rear seat heaters present meaning they couldn't easily find any evidence of the heating pads OR they tore up the seat covers and heating pads weren't present at all?

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
So no heated rear seats...someone will start a class action lawsuit claiming false advertising. No matter how I read it, the words “and” and “throughout” states it all. It should have rear heated seats. It doesn’t matter to me as I very rarely have passengers in the back seat anyway. I just don’t see how tesla would get around the wording they used. And no, I’m not bashing Tesla.

RCvetter

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So no heated rear seats...someone will start a class action lawsuit claiming false advertising. No matter how I read it, the words “and” and “throughout” states it all. It should have rear heated seats. It doesn’t matter to me as I very rarely have passengers in the back seat anyway. I just don’t see how tesla would get around the wording they used. And no, I’m not bashing Tesla.
What wording did they use? Not disagreeing, just curious.

Premium heated seating and cabin materials throughout

It states that premium package offers premium heated seating throughout and premium cabin materials throughout.
It can't state heated seating plus premium cabin materials throughout BECAUSE premium applies to cabin materials and can't be on the other side of "AND".

Premium A and B throughout - this is how sentence is constructed.
Not having heated front row as standard is nonsense. If Tesla did actually state that, then it's even worse than not having heated seats in the back. Reviewers will ridicule Tesla for that.

Last edited by a moderator:

PaulK

Country
Country
Let's reserve opinions for those who can cite grammar rules and/or legal interpretations. Apologies, arnis, if you are an English major or attorney.

Here is an example where a company lost a class-action lawsuit over a missing comma. Granted, this is in a contract (not some simple advertising) but it's interesting anyway:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/16/us/oxford-comma-lawsuit.html

-Paul

Don't have to be English major nor attorney because PUP description is not for those.
If sentence is specifically made to confuse mortals, it might win in court but Tesla will still lose that battle.

Just adding, that 94% of BMW 3-series on sale in EU (no older than 5 years) are equipped with front heated seats.
Rear row heating costs 380€.
Where I live, you can't get a BMW (any series) without heated seats. It's so common that they just have it as standard.
Almost nothing is standard on BMW:p Keep in mind 3-series is not an EV.

Any non-Tesla-fan review will state that Model 3 requires 5k upgrade to get heated driver seat.
Like I said, Tesla will lose this way. Hope they find an English major to fix the world.

@gravityrydr

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Premium heated seating and cabin materials throughout

It states that premium package offers premium heated seating and premium cabin materials throughout.
It can't state heated seating and premium cabin materials throughout
It can't state premium heated seating and premium cabin materials throughout.

Premium A and B throughout - this is how sentence is constructed.
The only way to "understand" that other way around is when there is no heating in base model for front seats. Which is nonsense and absolutely not acceptable for an EV of any class.
I have to agree. I read that as heated rear seats for premium and just front for the standard. Heated front seats are a premium option on the BMW 330i but standard on the Leaf. After market heater kits are $50-$100.

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
No heated rear seats YET as far as we know. It could just be software update we haven't received yet. Let's not make this another "there's no FM radio!" thing. Unless someone does a full tear down (with photos) proving the rear seats don't have a heating element we don't have proof either way.

@gravityrydr

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
No heated rear seats YET as far as we know. It could just be software update we haven't received yet. Let's not make this another "there's no FM radio!" thing. Unless someone does a full tear down (with photos) proving the rear seats don't have a heating element we don't have proof either way.
Had the same thought yesterday and asked on TMC.

Sadly no rear seat heaters present.
Unless this particular car does not have them or Tsportine somehow missed them while reupholstering the seats it looks pretty certain.

Attachments

Dr. J

Private
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Status
Not open for further replies.