The Glass Roof...

Ninja

Country
Country
As you may or may not have known, the roof of the Model 3 is glass. I have one main concern for the glass on the roof. Wont it be super easy for someone to peek inside the car, and easily look for valueables inside the car, thus leading to break -ins?

Tesla Badge + Glass Roof = Maget for thefts?

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
the "glass roof" is just the small section directly over the front seats. no matter the roof option the majority of the cabin will still have glass overhead - between the windshield, roof & back window.
All the overhead glass that you would think of as 'roof' (if actually what Tesla is considering roof or rear window) will be heavily tinted making it difficult to see into.
My hatchback car has 20% tint (which would not be as dark as the factory roof tint) and you can not make out anything inside the car during daylight and only if inside lights are on at night - but not enough to see if there was something left on the floor, etc. (I will be tinting my side windows...).

Only way the tinted roof would be an issue is if you were to leave the inside lights on, have your side windows all covered and park next to jumbo trucks.

Badback

Valued Community Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
the "glass roof" is just the small section directly over the front seats. no matter the roof option the majority of the cabin will still have glass overhead - between the windshield, roof & back window.
All the overhead glass that you would think of as 'roof' (if actually what Tesla is considering roof or rear window) will be heavily tinted making it difficult to see into.
My hatchback car has 20% tint (which would not be as dark as the factory roof tint) and you can not make out anything inside the car during daylight and only if inside lights are on at night - but not enough to see if there was something left on the floor, etc. (I will be tinting my side windows...).

Only way the tinted roof would be an issue is if you were to leave the inside lights on, have your side windows all covered and park next to jumbo trucks.
Do you mean like this?

upload_2017-8-1_13-28-12-jpeg.2609