The Frunk

MichelT3

Love those Aero's!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was afraid it would be quite small because of the low bonnet. But clearly isn't... on a RWD car.

Country
Country
img_0399-jpg.2572
This is RWD Model 3 frunk.
How you imagine the AWD Model 3 frunk?
  1. AWD and RWD Model 3 will have same frunk
  2. AWD Model 3 will have smaller frunk
  3. No frunk for AWD Model 3

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
View attachment 2572 This is RWD Model 3 frunk.
How you imagine the AWD Model 3 frunk?
  1. AWD and RWD Model 3 will have same frunk
  2. AWD Model 3 will have smaller frunk
  3. No frunk for AWD Model 3
this was answered two posts above yours. it will be the same size regardless of the motor - the front motor will be behind where the insert is.

skygraff

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
All Model S frunks are the same size and are even smaller than the original Ds because, as I was told, they also hide the HEPA filter. For manufacturing simplicity, it makes sense to go one-size-fits-all.

Therefore, I whole heartedly agree with the speculation. That's sort of what the question seemed to be soliciting and it's all we have to offer here.

(I think the confusion about Melinda's earlier post is that auto correct may have changed frunk to trunk)

Twiglett

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Based on my experiences this past year @MelindaV is one of the people on this forum to who's contributions give the highest value / are the most truthworthy.
I agree with that statement.
But speculation, regardless of source, cannot be treated as fact.
It's that kind of thing that leads to the disappointment of expectation based on speculation versus reality.
There is nothing wrong with speculation, that's the fun of these forums after all, the harm arrives when that speculation is termed a fact.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
saw this tweet this morning showing a Tom Bihn Aeronaut 45 (plus other things) easily fitting in the frunk. the 45 stands for 45L capacity, so it is a good sized duffle.

if you don't know Tom Bihn, they make fantastic travel bags, backpacks, totes, organizers, etc locally in Seattle. awesome quality and durability and once you try them, you will end up watching for what their newest release is and want more.

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Nobody would wonder about the size of the AWD frunk if they had watched Ingineerix's videos from months back. RWDs have a cavernous space up front (down and rearwards from the frunk) where the front motor goes on the AWD vehicles. A really good smuggling compartment, actually ;) I seriously advise border patrols to make themselves aware of it.