The Frisco Stormtrooper

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I decided to apply the update while sitting in the car. No matter how much you read about battery noises being normal, I don’t think there’s any way to truly prepare for the noises coming out of this battery during the ‘electronic control units’ phase of the update 😂. Just going to keep telling myself it’s normal and enjoy the new renders when it’s done
Many have proven that you can sit in the car through an update, but there are also a few examples of someone doing something in the car to interrupt the update and bricked the car, which required a trip to the SC via tow truck. I was surprised to see reports that this release was playing Christmas Music while it installed. That seems to encourage someone to get in the car which could lead to negative issues. Glad you experienced it though, I let mine mange the install on their own, then rush right out after that Completed notification.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Many have proven that you can sit in the car through an update, but there are also a few examples of someone doing something in the car to interrupt the update and bricked the car, which required a trip to the SC via tow truck. I was surprised to see reports that this release was playing Christmas Music while it installed. That seems to encourage someone to get in the car which could lead to negative issues. Glad you experienced it though, I let mine mange the install on their own, then rush right out after that Completed notification.
Oh good to know, I made sure to leave the app closed and let it do it’s thing, and texted the wife saying I’m not opening any doors so I’ll see her in a half hour 😂. I didn’t hear Christmas music, but it did finish! Next time I will follow your method

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Oh good to know, I made sure to leave the app closed and let it do it’s thing, and texted the wife saying I’m not opening any doors so I’ll see her in a half hour 😂. I didn’t hear Christmas music, but it did finish! Next time I will follow your method
I didn't hear Christmas music either, but thought someone had reported that. I thought it seemed odd they would do that.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’ve been working on figuring out how to log into my YouTube account in the theater app. I finally got it to work this morning, so I thought I’d share my workaround in case anyone else runs into this issue. Every time I tried to sign in to the YouTube app I would get a browser not secure message and it wouldn’t let me get any furtheAfter a bit of googling I found a solution that ended up working for me.

Error message:
View attachment 31365

What didn’t work: don’t bother trying to adjust 2-factor authentication, allowing less secure apps, getting an app password, etc. they have no affect on the error message.

What works: in the YouTube app, search for google.com and click on googles video. Then find the link to www.google.com/search in the description of that video. Then search for plex.tv, you don’t need a plex account for this to work. I saw other people had success with medium.com as well. Basically any site that uses google auth to sign in. Once you’re on plex tv’s site, click the menu bar and sign in, then log in with google account button. I was able to log in to that, cancel out of the YouTube app, and when I reopened the app my account was signed in!

Hope this helps!
P.S. software on Stormtrooper is 2019.40.2.1

Thank you for posting this. I had the same problem after I changed my Google password. I was stumped at the error message I got and you provided.

MalloryB.

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Hello! After an incredibly long wait, and persuasion of the wife, I was able to take delivery of my White/Black SR+ last night!
View attachment 31252 View attachment 31253
Delivery experience was excellent at the Plano service center. Only needed one signature and I was done!
The hardest part about owning this car is what to call it. I'm not too original, and have been bingeing the Mandalorian, so Stormtrooper it is!

I did have an update available as soon as I got connected to my wifi, so I'm currently running 2019.40.2.1

I had done some preparation for this day by having a Nema 14-50 outlet installed and the adapter ready to go. The wife also made me paint the garage last weekend, but I didn't hear any explicit rules on colors, so she came home to the Tesla logo on the wall!
I have to give a big thanks to @LUXMAN , @Quicksilver , and @GDN . Their threads have been great to follow and so helpful, so I've already got a TON of accessories to put in. I love it, amazon loves it, my bank account hates it.

First thing I did when I got home last night was set up the charger and this upright holder. I chose it because it seemed to stick out less than the regular holders, and had a cap for the cord when not in use. My garage is pretty small, so every little space saver helps.
View attachment 31254

Next, I put in the TapTes version of the Maxpider floormats. I like them because they're cheaper and no giant logo anywhere. I had also ordered these but I returned them when the taptes came in. PBC was great quality for the price, but the shell floor mat is just a lot better for getting dog hair out of the carpets. The phone camera seems to highlight the footprints on these, but to the naked eye they are much more difficult to see.
View attachment 31255 View attachment 31256 View attachment 31257
Overall, they fit incredibly well. The only wrinkle is on the passenger side left rim as it curves to go up. I'm not sure if I had them laying in the spare bedroom too long that they flattened, or if its just not an exact fit. Either way, its hardly noticeable.

I also put the frunk mat in of this set, not that I wont put the trunk mats in, I just haven't done it yet. The frunk mat fits great, has a decent weight to it as well.
View attachment 31260

Next, my two easiest installs - CupHolderHero:
View attachment 31258
and a cheap center console organizer

And my final install of last night, the TapTes 2nd Gen charger
View attachment 31259
After installing this and plugging in a micro USB for sentry, I can definitely see the benefit of one of those Jeda Hubs. Cords galore down there. But I had to draw the line somewhere on accessories, so that one will need to wait.

So whats left to install?
Currently sitting in the spare bedroom is:
door open labels
door soundproofing - these might be getting returned, when Stormtrooper was DRIVING ME on the highway today, I didn't really feel like it was too loud.
roof soundproofing - also unsure if ill go this route
'performance' pedals
rear door protection plates
EV Wraps center console wrap
door latch covers - as you can see its getting a little excessive on the accessories
mud flaps - these are the no-drill kind. However, I have some Xpel I want to put on the door sills as practice before I try this.
Xpel ppf - going to attempt this today
trunk lights - not sure if these are worth the effort
Door Lights - I will definitely try doing these though
air vent cover - this one i feel is truly a necessity, but I am scared to pull that cover off and never get it back on the same way again

Anyway, thanks for reading, I'm happy to be a part of such a helpful community. Wish me luck with the PPF and I will post back with the results soon!
Welcome and congrats on delivery!

Attachments