The Divers Paradise...

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Then we went to the Cortez Waterfalls. We hiked down this steep trail to see some water going over a cliff
18d9ac76-f026-431d-845b-c9a133f4b722-jpeg.9944
324c2ecb-50ab-4516-8c59-7ea289aa8070-jpeg.9945

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The first Dive was the one where we were gonna try to see the BULL sharks. This island was stand alone but really just a huge rock.
View attachment 9871
When we first showed up this huge formation of DEVIL RAYS was spotted and we all stuck our faces in over the side of the boat and I stuck in the GoPro. This image is from the video I took. Kinda crude as I dont have the software I need here to really grab a good picture.
View attachment 9872
We dropped in and with the current did a negative entry to 40’ so the dive boat could back off away from the rocks. Working along the rock to the right and eventually back to the left to open ocean for the pickup.
Awesome ray formation! I’ve never seen anything like that!

John

Tech Founder
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Heading to Grand Cayman with the family next weekend. Probably won't worry too much about pictures, since my underwater pictures look just like everyone else's underwater pictures. Two of our kids are getting certified, which is cool.

P.S. Remember, people: you don't need to keep your reg in your mouth for a picture!

caymans-jpg.21630
caymansunder-jpg.21631

Last edited:

MGallo

J.A.R.V.I.S. is awesome!
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’m jealous of all the diving. I haven’t be n in a very long time. My daughter is 13 and is like to get her hooked on it.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Heading to Grand Cayman with the family next weekend. Probably won't worry too much about pictures, since my underwater pictures look just like everyone else's underwater pictures. Two of our kids are getting certified, which is cool.
Awesome! We did GC on Spring Break. Our son got certified at 13 and has dove the last 4 spring breaks.
We stayed on the East End at Ocean Frontiers. Great Dive Operation. Nice condos right on the water. Quiet on that side of the island. Who are you diving with?

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’m jealous of all the diving. I haven’t be n in a very long time. My daughter is 13 and is like to get her hooked on it.
That is a perfect age. Wee took our son to BEACHES in Jamaica when he was 13 (had his B Day there) and got certified on that trip.

Archaebald

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Great videos! I envy your diving oportunities "over there". I finished the first, indoor, part of training to get certified last fall. Now I am waiting for the right opportunity to do the last 2 outdoor dives. Currently, we have about 50 F in the water. I think I'll wait until the temperature peaks later in the summer - at 65 F.... Meanwhile, my son (who did the indoor part together with me) is in the Filipines and has already got the advanced open water and Nitrox certificates - and 10 adventure dives. Trying hard to convince myself I'm not jealous....

MGallo

J.A.R.V.I.S. is awesome!
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Great videos! I envy your diving oportunities "over there". I finished the first, indoor, part of training to get certified last fall. Now I am waiting for the right opportunity to do the last 2 outdoor dives. Currently, we have about 50 F in the water. I think I'll wait until the temperature peaks later in the summer - at 65 F.... Meanwhile, my son (who did the indoor part together with me) is in the Filipines and has already got the advanced open water and Nitrox certificates - and 10 adventure dives. Trying hard to convince myself I'm not jealous....
Our dive shop in MN organized trips too and one option they had was to comolete the open water part of the certification on the trip. Might look into that. It’s usually a fun group trip too. Ours was to Cozumel.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Our dive shop in MN organized trips too and one option they had was to comolete the open water part of the certification on the trip. Might look into that. It’s usually a fun group trip too. Ours was to Cozumel.
I hear the Drift Dives in Cozumel are amazing. That is where you drop in and just ride the current and watch the wildlife go bye. Relaxing if you can stop yourself from having to stop and look at everything.

Last edited:

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sorry :rolleyes:, it is great diving in the tropics. Sounds like you need to go to the Philippines to check up on your son.;)

Tchris

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I here the Drift Dives in Cozumel are amazing. That is where you drop in and just ride the current and watch the wildlife go bye. Relaxing if you can stop yourself from having to stop and look at everything.
I did some drift diving in Cozumel back in the ‘80’s. Pretty swift currents. It was initially a little uncomfortable, until I learned to go with the flow. Then it was very relaxing and enjoyable. The only negative was that the dive boat operator seemed a bit excessive in keeping everyone in the group herded together. Didn’t allow much exploring or stopping to enjoy the sights along the way. But, in hindsight it was necessary to ensure safety of divers.

MGallo

J.A.R.V.I.S. is awesome!
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I hear the Drift Dives in Cozumel are amazing. That is where you drop in and just ride the current and watch the wildlife go bye. Relaxing if you can stop yourself from having to stop and look at everything.
I distinctly remember drift diving along the walls in Grand Cayman, but not in cozumel specifically, and I was there like 6 times.

MGallo

J.A.R.V.I.S. is awesome!
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I distinctly remember drift diving along the walls in Grand Cayman, but not in cozumel specifically, and I was there like 6 times.
The most exotic place I dived is shipwreck diving in Truk Lagoon (aka Chuuk Lagoon). That was cool. Oh, and shark diving in Nassau.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The most exotic place I dived is shipwreck diving in Truk Lagoon (aka Chuuk Lagoon). That was cool. Oh, and shark diving in Nassau.
Oooooo! Truk!! I have that on my bucket list. I love wreck diving, but that is so far away. Would require lots of time off

Tchris

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Santa Rosa Wall, Palancar Reef, Columbia Wall, Punta Tunich are some of the more popular drifts. The diving and hotel infrastructure wasn’t built up 35 years ago like it is today.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
We love the walls in Cayman. Went this past March for the second time. Love the East End diving

MGallo

J.A.R.V.I.S. is awesome!
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Santa Rosa Wall, Palancar Reef, Columbia Wall, Punta Tunich are some of the more popular drifts. The diving and hotel infrastructure wasn’t built up 35 years ago like it is today.
We did all of those. I’m sure it’s my memory that has faded. We went in the 90’s. Stayed I believe at the Vista Del Mar very budget no frills place. Dive shop downstairs. Can’t remember the name. Probably in my dive log. Used to be a great cheap dive spot. Good cheap food and drink. Fun bars. Not very commercialized at that time, although it was a cruise stop. I think there might even be a new pier since we were there last.