The Deep Blue Metallic Esoteric Space

mastre

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Here's Blue Bunny at home with Cordelia (2005 Honda Accord, Eternal Blue Pearl) showing up in the corner.
Nice, I had an '03 Accord, fantastic cars. Mine was a manual and had 220K miles on original clutch (!) when I sold it.

Love the way the DBM looks in the image you captured!

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Nice, I had an '03 Accord, fantastic cars.
Ha ha. I compared trunk/rear lights alignments. The Honda wins! The only service I needed on mine was regular maintenance and repairs (though I did accidentally kill the battery a couple of times). Never once needed to have her towed…

This image was taken late evening.

Attachments

mastre

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ha ha. I compared trunk/rear lights alignments. The Honda wins! The only service I needed on mine was regular maintenance and repairs (though I did accidentally kill the battery a couple of times). Never once needed to have her towed…

This image was taken late evening.
To the rest, sorry to hijack this thread, I promise this will be the last off-topicish post ;)

Yes, a truly amazing vehicle for its time, mine in manual weighed just 3,000 lb. and the handling was ridiculous (I had RSX-S 17" wheels with summer rubber on it). Truly the poor man's BMW 3 Series (for a year, I had both it and a manual F30 3 Series, and other than the power the Accord never failed to put a smile on my face, even after driving it back-to-back with the Bimmer -- bigger smiles there, but still smiling in the Honda), no wonder the Accord always makes C&D's Ten Best list. It never failed me in all those 200k+ miles, multiple coast-to-coast road trips, tons of Miami<->NYC stints, a truly memorable vehicle. Never missed a beat, I once drove it with a friend Miami->LA non-stop other than gas, the car was running for about 42 hours straight. Still miss her, and keep in touch with the guy I sold her to.

I am hoping to make similar memories in my wife's TM3 AWD that she's picking up tomorrow (I have decided to keep my 6MT Bimmer for a little while longer since it will be my last manual car, so no P3D for me right now). My Bimmer is Estoril Blue and I am huge fan of special blues on cars; while I feel that the DBM doesn't look super special some times, there are a bunch of lighting conditions like the one you captured in which it looks amazing! To the last moment before I cancelled my P3D I was switching back & forth between DBM and White (my wife is getting the Red, so couldn't have 2 reds or that would have been my top choice).

Edit: sorry, couldn't resist, he's a similar light shot of my Estoril Blue for all you fans of blue out there:
7.jpg

mastre

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well, boys and girls, after a long, storied and arduous process, it looks like I'll be joining Club DBM with a P3D+! I initially had a P3D ordered in white, and I had an epic internal fight about that color -- I have deep feelings about color, and in the end white isn't me (there could be exceptions, but on the Model 3 the offered MCW isn't one). Red would be my first choice out of, IMO, the rather limited and somewhat modest color set offered on this car (and now all Teslas), as I feel it's the only one that's somewhat special, and it looks amazing on the 3 (for example, I would not get an X in Red), but my wife already got a 3 in Red. I recently sold my BMW in Estoril Blue (there's a pic a few posts above) and while that car was parked in my garage the thought process was that no other blue will do. But, now that the Bimmer is gone, I miss the blue, and I've been looking long and hard at various blue X/S/3's in the Santa Monica area where I live, and it's grown on me to the point that it is the one!

Similar to the Estoril Blue, but to a much greater extent, the DBM changes shade dramatically based on ambient lighting, something I initially saw as a con but am now actually enjoying. Los Angeles goes thru a yearly stretch called June Gloom when the skies are mostly gray during which time DBM rarely shines at its full potential. Thankfully, we're out of it now, so I'll get to see, really see, my new blue beauty for quite a few months to come ;)

Stay tuned, I'm due to pick up next wk.

Edit 1: she's going straight to the shop for full PPF/ceramic coating/tint, shop is less than 1 mile away from delivery center.

Last edited:

Headwind

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Here's "Indigo" under the bright lights just getting the final details finished. Xpel Ultimate plus PPF all forward panels, A pillars, rear view mirrors, and lower 1/3 of car to the back. Cquartz over all body. Xpel Prime ceramic window tint (70%) on side windows and windshield. Ceramic coating on seats. Center Console done in 3M 1080 white satin wrap (from abstract ocean). Had the work done at Knox Details in Knoxville. Tim is absolutely fantastic and does phenomenal work. I cant recommend them enough if you are in East Tennessee or close enough to get here.
IMG_7435.JPG

The blue is just unreal gorgeous.

Ct200h

Country
Country
Saw 3 model 3 so far on my commute 1 red an 2 DBM.
Red beautiful and clean
Both blues horrible dirty awful , what gives?
Both had aeros , don’t understand why you keep your car so dirty.