Product Review The carbon fiber dash you have been waiting for!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ok this is a bit of a teaser as this dash isn’t on the market yet, but it should be very soon!

I’ll have a video (along with a discount code) ready to go when this launches (~2 weeks).

The RPM Tesla dash cap had jagged edges, showed a lot of wood in the corners, and was all around terrible. This new option is well worth the wait!

So as I said, a bit of a teaser, but stay tuned!!

PS the blue painter’s tape was just to help hold it down while the adhesive dried/cured.

677ed38e-5bb1-4c80-8d5f-83bd591786fb-jpeg.30349

bf39f0e8-c3bf-496f-83ea-a3aeeec33410-jpeg.30350

4ba7e7aa-4f80-45c0-a757-b6e0067c9aa8-jpeg.30351

Needsdecaf

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I already have the 3M carbon wrap on the center console. Would you consider this a good match? Looks like it from pics...

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
What are we looking at on the price?

Are you doing pre-orders?
I’m not the one making the parts, just fortunate enough to get early access. I don’t have the details beyond expecting this to be quite popular. Stay tuned and I’ll follow up as soon as it hits the market.

Where did you buy it?
Since it’s not on the market yet, I’m holding back on sharing where it’s from. I know, a bit of a tease. I will follow up as soon as it’s for sale though!

Will they also be making this for the center console (both center console doors and cupholder area)?
I don’t think so, or at least not yet. I would be all over that!!

I already have the 3M carbon wrap on the center console. Would you consider this a good match? Looks like it from pics...
That’s a good question. The real carbon fiber does highlight how not real the 3M wrap looks. Also my center console wrap is going a different direction than the dash, so I’m most likely removing it in favor of the glossy black again.

Skione65

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
@SoFlaModel3,

This looks like a winner for me. A few things.....My 1080 3M Carbon Fiber console, steering wheel and door wrap I installed has the ‘lower left to upper right’ pattern such as this. Just what I’ve been waiting for. Most dash panel patterns go in the opposite direction, a no go for me.
Like you I just couldn’t do the glare/reflection on a gloss CF panel. Again this matte for me is perfection. Hopefully it doesn’t make the CF wrap look too ‘simulated’.
Hopefully you can push the manufacturer on development of CF panels for the console.
Thank you for this!

Ski

hydrofied714

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’m not the one making the parts, just fortunate enough to get early access. I don’t have the details beyond expecting this to be quite popular. Stay tuned and I’ll follow up as soon as it hits the market.

Since it’s not on the market yet, I’m holding back on sharing where it’s from. I know, a bit of a tease. I will follow up as soon as it’s for sale though!

I don’t think so, or at least not yet. I would be all over that!!

That’s a good question. The real carbon fiber does highlight how not real the 3M wrap looks. Also my center console wrap is going a different direction than the dash, so I’m most likely removing it in favor of the glossy black again.
No offense but you probably should’ve waited till you could provide more info before you posted.

Is this an actual dash replacement or cap?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
No offense but you probably should’ve waited till you could provide more info before you posted.

This is a cap that goes over the existing wood/white trim and yes I know I probably should have waited a few weeks, but the response was so positive on Twitter/IG that I figured I would plant the seed here.

@SoFlaModel3,

This looks like a winner for me. A few things.....My 1080 3M Carbon Fiber console, steering wheel and door wrap I installed has the ‘lower left to upper right’ pattern such as this. Just what I’ve been waiting for. Most dash panel patterns go in the opposite direction, a no go for me.
Like you I just couldn’t do the glare/reflection on a gloss CF panel. Again this matte for me is perfection. Hopefully it doesn’t make the CF wrap look too ‘simulated’.
Hopefully you can push the manufacturer on development of CF panels for the console.
Thank you for this!

Ski
It becomes abundantly clear that the CF wrap is fake after you look at it next to the real stuff. I guess you’ll have to make that judgement call though when you see it in person. For me, since the pattern goes the opposite direction it needs to be pulled anyway. As for glare, there is none that I have experienced so far and that’s with driving right into the Florida sun every morning!!

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Remember too that @SoFlaModel3 was provided this advance unit to display and get the word out through his channels. This is no different than any other product and getting a "sneak peak."

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ok this is a bit of a teaser as this dash isn’t on the market yet, but it should be very soon!

I’ll have a video (along with a discount code) ready to go when this launches (~2 weeks).

The RPM Tesla dash cap had jagged edges, showed a lot of wood in the corners, and was all around terrible. This new option is well worth the wait!

So as I said, a bit of a teaser, but stay tuned!!
That looks great! Appears to have nicely finished edges as well. I bought the TSportline one early last winter in one of their ‘free shipping even to Canada‘ sales. It was the only high quality real CF dash cap available at the time. It’s matte finished with opposite grain run to yours.
Nice to have another high quality CF option coming out. I’m guessing in advance it will better priced than the one I bought.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That looks great! Appears to have nicely finished edges as well. I bought the TSportline one early last winter in one of their ‘free shipping even to Canada‘ sales. It was the only high quality real CF dash cap available at the time. It’s matte finished with opposite grain run to yours.
Nice to have another high quality CF option coming out. I’m guessing in advance it will better priced than the one I bought.
can you post a couple photos of your @Sandy?

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
and is this one over the top of the existing wood trim also?
Yes. It’s a cap. Weighed just over 5 ozs. Attaches with 3M VHB (very high bond) tape. I also used 3M adhesion promoter to ensure the tape would work really well on the porous wood. Here are some pictures right out of the box last winter when I got it. Pictures really don’t do it justice. Better in person in natural light.

6c0d692d-2353-4dc0-9307-de0cc475d9d7-jpeg.30427

d8d58bdf-f474-4456-94d6-576be9f5f1a6-jpeg.30430

aff2c6e1-cd0c-4870-b88d-98328fc18b57-jpeg.30429

7dbb14db-f0c3-45ea-b802-683f6a5ac3be-jpeg.30431

ca32b03a-83c1-427a-a042-dbd30d15ecb1-jpeg.30432

Last edited:

hydrofied714

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

chiapet15

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@SoFlaModel3 is this CF dash cap supposed to come in cheaper than the one offered by Tsportline? If not, what are the other reasons why one might choose this one over the one from Tsportline?