The 'Black Beauty known as Obsidian' Space

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I hope this to come true, a true Black Beauty. I'm really wanting to see Obsidian Black on a 3 so going to start a thread for you all to share pictures and convince the rest of us that the first add on color to the Model 3 family could be one of the best. I'm a black car fan, but hoped for a bit more punch than the original black. I hope Tesla has answered. I do see that @Tesla Newbie has created most of the threads, so if you care to come add your color definition I call you to the thread.

I just had to do a bit of research on Obsidian and it's quite interesting, formed mainly by a volcano. I'm hopeful to see it as it would likely now be my first color of choice, although I'm firmly planted with the MSM folks for now and will be for many years.

Last edited:

Tesla Newbie

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Obsidian is the color of a moonless night sky speckled with brilliant white diamonds. It is the color of water frozen on a desolate highway, of resolute power, and of unshakable faith. Post your best photos of the Model 3 draped in Obsidian Black here.

bernie

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Here’s my Black Beauty. He gets ceramic coating this weekend.
I really love how the car looks in the black metallic, the metallic flakes are very fine compared to other manufacturers black metallic so it only really shows its subtle sparkles in direct sunlight. Step back a few feet at dusk, night or fluorescent lights in the garage and it’s hard to tell it’s metallic, rich deep piano black or glossy black (think final number in Chicago with Rene zellweger and Cather zeta Jones).

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Very nice - love it. First one I've heard of hitting the streets. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Very sad to see this. It's a shame they let paint get in the way and can't invest the money to make it right. The only thing more boring will be to see every Model 3 in the same color. Love the car, but do wish they would get some nice special colors working. Paint will always be the worst thing ever as long as they are building in CA from what I read and hear.