Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

The best ways to charge your Model 3

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  SoFlaModel3 
#1 ·
I looked around and see bits and pieces scattered across many different threads about charging your Model 3. I thought it would be great if there was one video showing you all of the options for charging. In this video, I breakdown home charging, superchargers, urban superchargers, destination chargers, @ChargePoint, and PlugShare. I hope you all enjoy it!

#2 · (Edited)
Thanks for this informative video! I noticed that for Tesla chargers (Super, Destination, etc...) when you approach the charge port you did not push the button on the charger handle to open the charge port door. Does it not work like it does with the home UMC charge handle? I always push the button on my UMC charge handle to open the charge port door. Essentially, I never have to even touch the charge port door with my finger.

I did notice that you pushed the button to release the charge handle from the port before pulling it out...which I do at my home UMC also.

By the way, I have not yet use any of Tesla's chargers. It's strictly been charging from my home UMC. I'll use the Tesla Supercharger for the first time when we do our DFW meet up on July 14!

#3 ·
Thanks for this informative video! I noticed that for Tesla chargers (Super, Destination, etc...) when you approach the charge port you did not push the button on the charger handle to open the charge port door. Does it not work like it does with the home UMC charge handle? I always push the button on my UMC charge handle to open the charge port door. Essentially, I never have to even touch the charge port door with my finger.

I do notice that you push the button to release the charge handle from the port before pulling it out...which I do at my home UMC also.

By the way, I have not yet use any of Tesla's chargers. It's strictly been charging from my home UMC. I'll use the Tesla Supercharger for the first time when we do our DFW meet up on July 14!
Thanks!! Yes, oddly the superchargers were not opening the charge port door with a button press. I should have done an outtakes section where I first did that and cursed when it ruined my whole shot ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.