The Autosteer Warning Light?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Charlie W

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I noticed in the (online PDF) Model S manual where it says, “When active, Autosteer requires you to hold the steering wheel. If it does not detect your hands on the steering wheel for a period of time, a flashing white light appears around the instrument panel and the following message is displayed on the instrument panel: Hold Steering Wheel.” (Page 74.) (Bjørn Nyland demonstrates this in his “Tesla Model X v.8.0 autopilot long test” at about the :20 minute mark.) Since it looks like our Model 3’s will only have 1 center screen, (no binnacle or HUD—I'm trying to be sensitive to those who live in hope ;)) and assuming the Autosteer feature is available, how or where (or in what form) do you think the “Hold Steering Wheel” warning will appear? Do you think there will be a “flashing something”? I'm curious as to what you think. What say ye?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I noticed in the (online PDF) Model S manual where it says, “When active, Autosteer requires you to hold the steering wheel. If it does not detect your hands on the steering wheel for a period of time, a flashing white light appears around the instrument panel and the following message is displayed on the instrument panel: Hold Steering Wheel.” (Page 74.) (Bjørn Nyland demonstrates this in his “Tesla Model X v.8.0 autopilot long test” at about the :20 minute mark.) Since it looks like our Model 3’s will only have 1 center screen, (no binnacle or HUD—I'm trying to be sensitive to those who live in hope ;)) and assuming the Autosteer feature is available, how or where (or in what form) do you think the “Hold Steering Wheel” warning will appear? Do you think there will be a “flashing something”? I'm curious as to what you think. What say ye?
I think it will be a combination of an audible alert and a message on the center screen in the same location where autopilot information will be (presumably near the speedo).