The Adventures of Ruby Woo!

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It all starts somewhere. It flew under the radar, or it was already known and I missed it, but Elon did say on Monday that the pickup reveal would be later this year. It won't be long and we should at least know what their line of thinking is and what it will look like. Who knows if they will have any pricing along with it this early.

Two 3's aren't that bad either, she can still keep her pickup and jeep, the garage has room.
Ha! Yeah but that’s my workshop area in bay 5. So the Leaf would have to live outside until the boy takes it to college. But we are waiting for the PU reveal. I would have to be smaller than a F150 really. But here truck is in such great shape, it may be a few years before we get another

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Today was my later day, but made it in about 7:50 - I also parked across the street in the parking garage. I love the covered HVAC controlled pedestrian bridge that crosses the street ! Makes it very nice for days like today, never worry about getting wet and I'm parked maybe a quarter mile from my desk !

bkap

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
@LUXMAN, new to the forum and haven’t been able to figure out how to direct message you. I’ve really enjoyed reading the adventures of Ruby Woo. I’m in the final stages of convincing the wife to let me pull the trigger on a model 3! I was wondering if you’d mind sharing the tint place you used? I’m in north west frisco so not all that far from you. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@bkap
Sure thing. I have used FLEX SHIELD in Denton for many years.
I have recommended them to many on the forum and people have been very happy with them.
I did my car in March of 2018 and it was $500 for all the windows to include the back in one piece of Madico Winco Heat Reject Film.
I went back later and did the overhead glass for $120 more. I went to the legal limit for the fronts all the way around.
Speak to Mark the manager or Kris the owner
(940) 380-0404
Tell them Paul with the Red 3 sent you.
I don’t get referrals or anything, I just have always been happy with their work.

If you need any info that I can help you with to convince the Mrs., let me know

Lovesword

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@bkap
Sure thing. I have used FLEX SHIELD in Denton for many years.
I have recommended them to many on the forum and people have been very happy with them.
I did my car in March of 2018 and it was $500 for all the windows to include the back in one piece of Madico Winco Heat Reject Film.
I went back later and did the overhead glass for $120 more. I went to the legal limit for the fronts all the way around.
Speak to Mark the manager or Kris the owner
(940) 380-0404
Tell them Paul with the Red 3 sent you.
I don’t get referrals or anything, I just have always been happy with their work.

If you need any info that I can help you with to convince the Mrs., let me know
Sure, “Paul”... secret identity? Ok, fine. Paul it is. 😎

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@bkap - Flexshield has now tinted so many 3's he doesn't even have to think about the price, just knows it. I believe I paid $495 for the same tint. I did not tint the roof, just sides and back. It might be the same for all 4 door sedans I don't know, but call ahead and make an appointment. You won't be dissatisfied. As @LUXMAN noted he has now done many 3's, he estimated at least 30 when I was up there a couple of months ago. I will note that their address doesn't always come up right in navigation because they are right on I-35. One of the easiest ways to locate them, they are directly across I-35 from the new Bucee's where all of the construction is. It's worth your trip though.

bkap

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
@bkap - Flexshield has now tinted so many 3's he doesn't even have to think about the price, just knows it. I believe I paid $495 for the same tint. I did not tint the roof, just sides and back. It might be the same for all 4 door sedans I don't know, but call ahead and make an appointment. You won't be dissatisfied. As @LUXMAN noted he has now done many 3's, he estimated at least 30 when I was up there a couple of months ago. I will note that their address doesn't always come up right in navigation because they are right on I-35. One of the easiest ways to locate them, they are directly across I-35 from the new Bucee's where all of the construction is. It's worth your trip though.
Thanks for the info @GDN. In between the rain the past few weeks, we've had a handful of pretty bright days, hows the factory roof tint doing? Are you considering adding it?

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks for the info @GDN. In between the rain the past few weeks, we've had a handful of pretty bright days, hows the factory roof tint doing? Are you considering adding it?
Personally I'm not. One car is coming up on it's first anniversary. We had it during last years summer and personally I never felt the need to add the tint. The AC handled keeping the car cool with the roof like it is from the factory. Those that have it tinted do like it and the added protection, but I don't believe it to be required, maybe a nice to have.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I understand @GDN position. But I had mine tinted for about 2 weeks before I took it back to add tint to the roof. For me it was a glare issue. Now I can look up without squinting.
But you will know your preference pretty quick if you get one

Last edited: