The Adventures of Ruby Woo!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• A statement from the Founder of Tesla Owners Online:

TOO is, and remains, strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and we see no place for hatred and discrimination in our communities.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Sorry to see that condensation...I wonder when they really stopped using those problematic lights. I hope not to see the same issue.

As for BT, my wife mentioned that she heard echoing when I called her this week from the car. Maybe the next firmware update will try to fix it. I believe this issue has been around for a little while now.

My car shuts off and automatically locks with the horn chirp when I exit and walk away. I turned off overheat protection but not sure if that causes what you are seeing. I am still on 28.1.
Hey Quick! I just checked and Cabin Overheat protect was on! I never set that to on! It’s off now.
Let’s see if that helps.
Thanks!

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
dd41cde0-11c6-4d08-969a-f75ff562063b-jpeg.13254

So something just came in the mail for RUBY WOO!!!

More details to come shortly.

Last edited:

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So here are RUBY WOO's new plates!

img_0934-jpg.13255

They are a homage to my first car, a 1966 Mustang.
We got her from an uncle of a friend. She was sitting behind a garage in 1986 and looked like this.

img_20180808_0001-jpg.13257

In High School and the first part of college, I worked at a Used Auto Part Store in LA. The guys there taught me allot and I did allot of work on her. This is how she looked back then. Yes that is me at 17!

img_20180808_0002-jpg.13258

But then I went to USC and she was stolen on December 15th, 1987. I got the shell back a couple months later. They had taken the wheels, engine, trans, doors, fenders, hood, trunk, seats and most everything else that could be unbolted. They were nice enough to graffiti what was left and put a couple dents in the quarter panels, as well as cut the wire harnesses.

The steering column, front suspension, rear end, original AM radio, windshield and instrument cluster were left. I won't show those photos.

Still working weekends at the Used Auto Parts store, the owner bought another '66 that had been hit in the rear and gave it to me for cost as long as I didn't put it on the road since it was salvage.

Being 18, I decided to rebuild the car from 2. This was the result (and my wife at 20)

points-jpg.13259

You can see 4 things in this picture....

1. The plates

2. The Garfield Stuffed Animal stuck to the back window. All the rage back then.

3. Huge door gap!

4. Girlfriend with big hair. Now wife for 26 years.

This is a picture of her on the epic honeymoon roadtrip of '92

img_20180808_0005-jpg.13260

I drove the 'Stang for many years and during most of my time in the Air Force.

I sold her in 2000, as the Transmission was about to go, AGAIN. And it was time to move on.

So when the opportunity came for these plates, I thought I would pay honor to those memories. And the fact that I still say "DUDE" too much.

BTW, I was authorized to get a 2nd set of plates so I got some for the wife's (our) pickup.

img_0935-jpg.13256

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Wow, great plates, story and pics. Perfect timing on the Mustang as well. 50th anniversary. Just saw a story on the news this week of I believe the first Mustang sold. It was a teacher in CA. She and her husband still drive the car, it has been redone. A salesman sold her the car 2 days before the actual Mustang unveiling. What's surprising to me is that it was a convertible. Typically a convertible follows the hardtop by a year or two. https://abcnews.go.com/US/mustang-sold-display-michigan-part-fords-10m-festivities/story?id=57201330

Edit - it's not the 50th anniversary but the 10 millionth Mustang being celebrated.

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Great history and great pictures!
Congrats on the commendation medal too!
In the early picture, there is an 80's Celica or Celica Supra in the background. I used to love that car but of course I was in high school and couldn't afford it. The other love was an MR2 and bought one when I was able to afford it.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Great history and great pictures!
Congrats on the commendation medal too!
In the early picture, there is an 80's Celica or Celica Supra in the background. I used to love that car but of course I was in high school and couldn't afford it. The other love was an MR2 and bought one when I was able to afford it.
I think that one was a Celica. By buddy’s brother had a Supra and it was sweet. Little more body kit to it tho.

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
@LUXMAN That is an AWESOME story and a great read! Thank you for sharing that with all of us here! I was smiling all the way through your post. Simply. amazing.

And thank you for your service...DUDE! :)

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Did they use "pads" or wood or anything when they were jacking it up ?
I was under the impression they were gonna have rubber pads there.
I didn’t stand over them so after I realized that they did not !
So the wheels are fine but this is what I found at a couple of spots.

7f1ced0e-236a-4988-ba03-bfb32fd9657f-jpeg.13300

So they didn’t want to touch the battery but the jack gouged the underside of the black skirt. Can’t see it of course unless you are under the car. So while they did this I should have double checked they had rubber in there. But to be fair, this cars jack points are not a good design. :confused:

I was looking at a product before for this and I know guys are making their own, so I blame myself a bit.

So I just bought this set on eBay to avoid further damage. Plus if something else happens I will have them in the car.

fa083346-f866-45fa-8d27-b207e9047fa4-png.13301

bbdf5c61-e094-4f92-b99a-6f8b4ff43f61-png.13302

And I will have them use them next time.

jordanp123

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Thats not that bad. You'll know its there but no one else will. I agree 100% on the jack points.

Last edited:

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I was under the impression they were gonna have rubber pads there.
I didn’t stand over them so after I realized that they did not !
So the wheels are fine but this is what I found at a couple of spots.

View attachment 13300

So they didn’t want to touch the battery but the jack gouged the underside of the black skirt. Can’t see it of course unless you are under the car. So while they did this I should have double checked they had rubber in there. But to be fair, this cars jack points are not a good design. :confused:

I was looking at a product before for this and I know guys are making their own, so I blame myself a bit.

So I just bought this set on eBay to avoid further damage. Plus if something else happens I will have them in the car.

View attachment 13301
View attachment 13302

And I will have them use them next time.
Sorry to see the dented skirt bottom! :eek: I'll definitely have to order the jack pads!

MGallo

J.A.R.V.I.S. is awesome!
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I think that one was a Celica. By buddy’s brother had a Supra and it was sweet. Little more body kit to it tho.
Great story. It’s so funny that someone else pointed out that Celica because I was gonna do the same! I have one similar, though probably not quite as good a shape.