The $3,500 trust factor

PTFI

FIRST OWNER!
FIRST MODEL 3 OWNER
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The trust factor with TESLA is so great that many of us have or will give them $3,500 for a vehicle that most of us have not even taken for a test drive.

The $1000 reservation plus the $2,500 non-refundable deposit tells TESLA we are 100% behind their vison.

Whether it's to save the environment or to just to have the latest and greatest thing, (or both) we all feel that by taking this leap of faith, we are making ourselves part of something big.., really BIG!

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Let's go a step further, I will most likely lock in $3,500 before ever even seeing the car in person let alone driving it :)

I feel very comfortable about it though and have had enough time behind the wheel of Model S mixed with the reviews, opinions, and test drive videos on YouTube to feel like this is a minor risk and well worth it.

P.S. -- I think I'm early enough (November '17 - January '18) that if I hated the car I could resell it without getting hurt, but that's never going to happen!!! :)

Vin

Country
Country
Let's go a step further, I will most likely lock in $3,500 before ever even seeing the car in person let alone driving it :)

I feel very comfortable about it though and have had enough time behind the wheel of Model S mixed with the reviews, opinions, and test drive videos on YouTube to feel like this is a minor risk and well worth it.

P.S. -- I think I'm early enough (November '17 - January '18) that if I hated the car I could resell it without getting hurt, but that's never going to happen!!! :)
If it's anything like the Model S I test drove then it will be great and people who never drove a Tesla or even an electric car will be in for a very pleasant surprise.
I initially put the deposit down before the MS test drive, but once I did the drive that $1,000 was bye bye in my mind :)

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If it's anything like the Model S I test drove then it will be great and people who never drove a Tesla or even an electric car will be in for a very pleasant surprise.
I initially put the deposit down before the MS test drive, but once I did the drive that $1,000 was bye bye in my mind :)
The Tesla grin is real!

Vin

Country
Country
Here's a pict of my first car ever (stock pict from internet), which kind of spoiled me from that point on :)
The 1990 Isuzu Impulse was great, and love the lotus symbol on the side that said "handling by lotus"
What a fun car, bought used, (and not pricey at all)...

mkg3

Country
Country
Aside from the Motor Trend 1st drive review, have not seen any publication about the vehicle driving characteristics.

All other reviews are just short of PR release. No track tests or numerical test results.

I have bough 3 new cars sight unseen using online service before so the concept of buying a car without a test drive doesn't bother me a bit. But, there were enough reporting on the cars I've bought that I could make my own impression of what to expect.

Hope we'll see more extensive reviews in coming weeks.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The great thing is I've already forgotten about my $1000. I wish I could put down another thousand or two to forget about by the time I buy the car. I'm not so good at saving, so I picked up some Tesla stock a few months ago, and might get more whenever extra money frees up. It achieves the same function (putting trust in them, saving money for me), and has a decent chance of growing a bit before it's time to withdraw for the car purchase.

Country
Country
The great thing is I've already forgotten about my $1000. I wish I could put down another thousand or two to forget about by the time I buy the car. I'm not so good at saving, so I picked up some Tesla stock a few months ago, and might get more whenever extra money frees up. It achieves the same function (putting trust in them, saving money for me), and has a decent chance of growing a bit before it's time to withdraw for the car purchase.
I'm with you. I've forgotten about my $1000 and wish I made 2 reservations!

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That $1,000 just goes toward the delivery fees everyone conveniently forgets about :)

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If I could give them $10k or $20k today to guarantee 2017 delivery, i would ;)

ng0

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So now that you took delivery. How did the payment go? There's a $2500 down payment and $1K fees and we already paid $1K for our deposit. Does that mean remaining balance is $2500 + monthly costs?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So now that you took delivery. How did the payment go? There's a $2500 down payment and $1K fees and we already paid $1K for our deposit. Does that mean remaining balance is $2500 + monthly costs?
You can bring your own financing, so I have to imagine the answer is still Tesla requires $3,500 ($1,000 reservation + $2,500 order) and the rest is up to you to figure out / negotiate.

If you bring your own financing you'll wire the balance or bring a cashiers check.

ng0

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You can bring your own financing, so I have to imagine the answer is still Tesla requires $3,500 ($1,000 reservation + $2,500 order) and the rest is up to you to figure out / negotiate.

If you bring your own financing you'll wire the balance or bring a cashiers check.
gotcha, thanks!