The ‘vampire drain’ reference place

kingpeted

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Forgive the ignorance of this questions, but my wife and I each own a Model X and they were parked in a garage at the airport on Monday. Why are they each losing a mile per hour in range? We will have two dead cars by the time we return to the states on Sunday??? Sentry Mode is off on both.

tivoboy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Forgive the ignorance of this questions, but my wife and I each own a Model X and they were parked in a garage at the airport on Monday. Why are they each losing a mile per hour in range? We will have two dead cars by the time we return to the states on Sunday??? Sentry Mode is off on both.
Sounds like sentry mode is active. Sadly it’s not for leaving at the airport for days. I know you’ve said it’s off but try turning it on and off again.

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Any chance Cabin Overheat Protection is enabled and actively cooling? Also, keeping the car awake by checking the app frequently could be contributing.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Relatively new model three owner and I’m getting about 16 miles of phantom drain in a 24-hour period. Sentry mode is off air conditioning is off and I even closed out my app. Anybody got any ideas?

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Relatively new model three owner and I’m getting about 16 miles of phantom drain in a 24-hour period. Sentry mode is off air conditioning is off and I even closed out my app. Anybody got any ideas?
are you using 3rd party apps (like Stats, Teslafi, Tezlab)?

Theoa

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Hi guys, I am new here.
I have my model S 85 now for four years and drove no more than 53.000 km (32.000. Miles).
The range of the car now is no more than 310km (185miles) and when the car is parked, I lose 3-5% per 24 hours! (Temperature 15-25 Celsius).
This seems far too much to me, I think the is some real problem with the battery. What are your experiences in this area?
Would like to hear from you.
Thanks,
Theo

RocketRay

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
We're wrapping up our trip to Laughlin so i charged to 100% last night at the destination charger here. This morning it's down to 292 miles, so it lost 18 just sitting there for 12 hours. That seems excessive. Or is that normal due to the heat? It was 110F during the day and 86F overnight.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
We're wrapping up our trip to Laughlin so i charged to 100% last night at the destination charger here. This morning it's down to 292 miles, so it lost 18 just sitting there for 12 hours. That seems excessive. Or is that normal due to the heat? It was 110F during the day and 86F overnight.
I think that could easily be due to the heat if you have COHP on and Sentry.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi guys, I am new here.
I have my model S 85 now for four years and drove no more than 53.000 km (32.000. Miles).
The range of the car now is no more than 310km (185miles) and when the car is parked, I lose 3-5% per 24 hours! (Temperature 15-25 Celsius).
This seems far too much to me, I think the is some real problem with the battery. What are your experiences in this area?
Would like to hear from you.
Thanks,
Theo
are you using Sentry Mode? Cabin Overheat Protection? either of those will use at least 1 mile / hour, so your 3-5% on a 185mile battery is well under that.