That Was Fast!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

SAronian

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
About a year ago I moved from a 2012 Prius Plug-in to a 2014 BMW i3 BEV. Loved the i3, a truly great car. My situation has changed and I need a car with greater range, so started deep diving information on the Tesla Model 3. Went to the San Francisco dealership a couple weeks ago to scan one up close and it was much more impressive than I had imagined.

So today, just after lunch, I placed an order online. (Long Range, Rear-Wheel Drive, Deep Blue, Areo Wheels, White Interior, Autopilot)

Then at 4PM I get a call asking if they would be able to deliver it to my house tomorrow.

Was expecting to wait a bit longer than one day:)

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Congrats!

I think the Long Range cars are a great choice. The extra efficiency can come in handy, and the performance is still really good.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Great service, could be the fastest turn around I've seen other than buying on site at a couple of the past events in CA.

This is also really good news for LR RWD purchasers. This model just went back up for sale a few weeks ago. Many reported purchasing and getting delivery dates 2 weeks out which have been missed. This kind of made sense because the inventory/pipe line was still dry. Seems they now have them rolling off the line and the deliveries should begin any time for those that have been waiting a few weeks.

Congrats and welcome to the forum and to Tesla.

Last edited:

Nautilus

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I suspect it also helps being just up the road from the factory, but hey, it's still excellent.

And welcome aboard.

SAronian

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I should add that the online purchasing experience is hard to beat. I would recommend this to anyone, it's a revolutionary as the vehicle.

SR22pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
About a year ago I moved from a 2012 Prius Plug-in to a 2014 BMW i3 BEV. Loved the i3, a truly great car. My situation has changed and I need a car with greater range, so started deep diving information on the Tesla Model 3. Went to the San Francisco dealership a couple weeks ago to scan one up close and it was much more impressive than I had imagined.

So today, just after lunch, I placed an order online. (Long Range, Rear-Wheel Drive, Deep Blue, Areo Wheels, White Interior, Autopilot)

Then at 4PM I get a call asking if they would be able to deliver it to my house tomorrow.

Was expecting to wait a bit longer than one day:)
I have an AWD with 19" wheels and an LR with Aeros. The AWD is definitely faster but the LR is the trip car. The traction control is so excellent that AWD doesn't make a difference in the Atlanta area. No wheel spin even in heavy rain. I consider the LR with Aeros the sweet spot in the Tesla line. The efficiency and range are incredible. I would guess it gets about 50 miles more range than the AWD. A lot of that is due to the difference in tires.