That’s not Snoop Dogg

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I figured that title would be thought provoking to break in this sub forum.

Anyway, a momentary lapse in Tesla’s ability to match album art. Rob Thomas is definitely not Snoop Dogg...

ec7d81ff-f13a-4d2c-b7ba-e9ca1e5c7cf1-jpeg.6124

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
This isn't a Tesla software issue - they're just displaying the album art returned by the metadata provider. It's an issue with that provider's database.
I agree with you on that. Just funny to see more than anything. In almost 4 weeks, this is the only time I’ve seen the wrong album art returned.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
This isn't a Tesla software issue - they're just displaying the album art returned by the metadata provider. It's an issue with that provider's database.
Sure, but unless we know what metadata provider Tesla is using, we have to go through Tesla to get it fixed. Also, do we know if the car contacts a metadata provider directly, or does Tesla keep their own copy of the metadata?

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Sure, but unless we know what metadata provider Tesla is using, we have to go through Tesla to get it fixed. Also, do we know if the car contacts a metadata provider directly, or does Tesla keep their own copy of the metadata?
It’s being pulled from Mike’s phone (MB the iPhone)

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
It’s being pulled from Mike’s phone (MB the iPhone)
I actually confirmed it’s not which was surprising to me. When my car has no service, I don’t get album art. When my car does have service, I do.

Even though the music comes from my phone, Tesla grabs album art from their own source.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
That's surprising... in my car (that doesn't have it's own internet connection) album art is ported over to the screen when playing audio from my phone.
Same here with my experience in BMW. My (little...) Peugeot has CarPlay so it’s different altogether...

Man, I can’t wait to have you guys’ first world problems, @SoFlaModel3 ... :rolleyes:

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Same here with my experience in BMW. My (little...) Peugeot has CarPlay so it’s different altogether...

Man, I can’t wait to have you guys’ first world problems, @SoFlaModel3 ... :rolleyes:
mine is not using CarPlay - just old fashioned USB or Bluetooth ;)
(now second guessing if it brings album art with both or just USB...)