THANK YOU TESLA!!!!!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
TLDR synopsis: This thread is a big THANK YOU to Tesla for being so awesome because we need more of this and less complaints over things that don't work perfectly!! PLEASE ADD YOUR PERSONAL THANKS!!!!!!

The other day a friend who owns a Model 3 texted me this...........

"Are you getting satisfactory results from Sentry Mode?"

The way he phrased the question really made me start to think, and it went something like this..........

What, if anything, should I "expect" from a feature that was added to my car for free? A feature that I never expected or considered at time of purchase? A feature that the manufacturer never advertised, implied or even suggested that I might ever have? Then it really hit me. How many options and features has Tesla upgraded, installed, invented, and improved on my car in the year since I've owned it? What other company, EVER, has given me anything free, after a purchase and continually worked to improve a product I bought without asking for any more money or to buy the "latest" product from them? I can't think of any! What should my expectations be of something that was upgraded for free? Well, I should be happy if it barely works on rare occasion because it was never supposed to be included on my car in the first place. I know that is not how most people feel and I see so many comments about how things don't work exactly as expected on these cars but that is the reason for this post.

I'd would really like to personally thank everyone at Tesla including Elon, JB, Franz, and the thousands of others who work hard everyday to improve our cars, the company, and the world around us! And I know they will never see this post but putting it here is the closest I can come to letting everyone know how I feel.

If you love any little thing about Tesla please post below what makes it so great. I'm just trying to spread some more positive thoughts. I know most here are huge Tesla fans but it seems like we get wrapped up in what's not right too often, just wanted this to remind everyone what an outstanding product this is and how special it remains in the world.

END OF POSITIVE RANT (if that's a thing);):)

Last edited:

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
TLDR synopsis: This thread is a big THANK YOU to Tesla for being so awesome because we need more of this and less complaints over things that don't work perfectly!! PLEASE ADD YOUR PERSONAL THANKS!!!!!!

The other day a friend who owns a Model 3 texted me this...........

"Are you getting satisfactory results from Sentry Mode?"

The way he phrased the question really made me start to think, and it went something like this..........

What, if anything, should I "expect" from a feature that was added to my car for free? A feature that I never expected or considered at time of purchase? A feature that the manufacturer never advertised, implied or even suggested that I might ever have? Then it really hit me. How many options and features has Tesla upgraded, installed, invented, and improved on my car in the year since I've owned it? What other company, EVER, has given me anything free, after a purchase and continually worked to improve a product I bought without asking for any more money or to buy the "latest" product from them? I can't think of any! What should my expectations be of something was upgraded for free? Well, I should be happy if it barely works on rare occasion because it was never supposed to be included on my car in the first place. I know that is not how most people feel and I see so many comments about how things don't work exactly as expected on these cars but that is the reason for this post.

I'd would really like to personally thank everyone at Tesla including Elon, JB, Franz, and the thousands of others who work hard everyday to improve our cars, the company, and the world around us! And I know they will never see this post but putting it here is the closest I can come to letting everyone know how I feel.

If you love any little thing about Tesla please post below what makes it so great. I'm just trying to spread some more positive thoughts. I know most here are huge Tesla fans but it seems like we get wrapped up in what's not right too often, just wanted this to remind everyone what an outstanding product this is and how special it remains in the world.

END OF POSITIVE RANT (if that's a thing);):)
Great thread!! Just this morning I had an opportunity to demo parallel parking for my wife. She was amazed at the improvement from just a few weeks ago. I reminded her that one of the many great things about a Tesla is the continuing free improvements so...THANKS, Tesla!!

Mr. Spacely

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Frankly I'm upset with your positive post. There are lots of things I prefer about ICE cars: I miss hearing engine noise. I miss polluting the air. I miss paying $50 every week for gas. I miss smelling like gas after filling up. I miss driving around looking for parking places at the mall and airport. I miss waiting around for an oil change. I miss getting into a hot car without remote A/C. I miss carrying keys. I miss all the moving parts in my ICE that could randomly go bad. I miss remembering to turn the car off. I miss waiting for the car to downshift before accelerating. I miss worrying about Co2 poisoning in my garage. :)

Last edited:

Greg Appelt

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Frankly I'm upset with your positive post. There are lots of things I prefer about ICE cars: I miss hearing engine noise. I miss polluting the air. I miss paying $50 every week for gas. I miss smelling like gas after filling up. I miss driving around looking for parking places at the mall and airport. I miss waiting around for an oil change. I miss getting into a hot car without remote A/C. I miss carrying keys. I miss all the moving parts in my ICE that could randomly go bad. I miss waiting for the car to downshift before accelerating. I miss worrying about Co2 poisoning in my garage. :)

Don't forget that you miss using excessive amounts of fuel while idling at lights or 'warming' your car in the winter. And how can you not hate it when Tesla gives you 'bonus range' and free 'fuel' when you need to escape a hurricane.

Spiffywerks

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I really love how quiet the car is, but you can seriously scare people.

I often forget how quiet it is because I’m playing music or have the air going. But try turning everything off, roll down the windows and just drive around slowly. You can sneak up on people. I’ve even had a cat sitting in the street in my neighborhood looking at me approaching and it wasn’t sure if it should move or not. Lmao. It got up eventually, but you could see the confusion it was having.

AutopilotFan

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I often forget how quiet it is because I’m playing music or have the air going. But try turning everything off, roll down the windows and just drive around slowly. You can sneak up on people. I’ve even had a cat sitting in the street in my neighborhood looking at me approaching and it wasn’t sure if it should move or not. Lmao. It got up eventually, but you could see the confusion it was having.
I learned to deal with this soon after buying my Prius in 2005. I once scared an entire family in a parking garage by rolling down my window and saying "Excuse me" while they were walking. They nearly jumped out of their skins to find an entire car behind them that they didn't hear coming.

Just be ready to roll down the window and talk politely to pedestrians. And small animals, apparently. :)

lance.bailey

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I really love how quiet the car is, but you can seriously scare people.
first time I saw a tesla (model S) up close was in the alley behind my work as I walked home. suddenly there was a left headlight about 2" from the back of my knees. if that was anyone reading this. - hah hah on me, because now I'm a kool-aid drinker and i apologize for that name i called you which reflected poorly on your parent's marital status when you were born.

.... I’ve even had a cat sitting in the street in my neighborhood looking at me approaching and it wasn’t sure if it should move or not. Lmao. It got up eventually, but you could see the confusion it was having.
Big ol' orange tabby sauntering across the road near my house a month or so ago. cool as a cool cat can be. I slowed down to let him pass, he casually looked over his shoulder at me ...

and completely lost it with surprise.​

The cat owners here will understand how funny it is when you truly sneak up on one. So Thank You Tesla for that moment :)

Vin

Country
Country
Thanks Tesla for constantly improving and pushing the boundaries. My car is better now than it was last year when I picked it up. I still look forward to hopping in to drive somewhere every day. What other product has you get home from work and then go out for a few hours to test a new feature. All I can say is WOW, everyone who is a waiting will be rewarded, incredible! ;)

jdcollins5

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There have been so many posts about poor Tesla paint quality. I picked my Aug 18 build LR RWD on Sept. 23 during the 3rd quarter push. I had one small blemish that the SC Tech buffed out in 10 minutes. I wash my car by hand with MF towels. The paint is just as good or better than any car that I have ever owned.

11k miles and not a single issue. Thank you Tesla!!