Textile Seating Upgrade

PcGuy

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am confused about the "Textile seating"! I understand these are cloth seats and that there is vegan leather available to choose. I don't specifically see in the premium options list where that upgrade is.

Premium Upgrades Package – $5,000

Upgraded interior with additional features and premium materials.
  • Premium heated seating and cabin materials throughout, including open pore wood décor and two rear USBs
  • 12-way, power adjustable front seats, steering column and side mirrors, with custom driver profiles
  • Premium audio system with more power, tweeters, surround speakers and subwoofer
  • Tinted glass roof with ultraviolet and infrared protection
  • Auto dimming, power folding, heated side mirrors
  • LED fog lamps
  • Center console with covered storage and docking for two smartphones
Nowhere in that list do I see upgrade option for seats; at least not specifically. I know the Vegan seats were a big deal last week, so I imagine they are only available in the Premium Uprades Package. Or is a separate price not yet listed?

PcGuy

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Premium heated seating and cabin materials throughout...

I believe this covers the upgrade from textile to synthetic leather seats.
I guess you're right, it just seems like it should have been more specific. Maybe it's just poorly worded.

Watts4me

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
  • 12-way, power adjustable front seats, steering column and side mirrors, with custom driver profiles.
This basically mean memory seats, right?

viperd

Country
Country
I am confused about the "Textile seating"! I understand these are cloth seats and that there is vegan leather available to choose. I don't specifically see in the premium options list where that upgrade is.

• Premium heated seating and cabin materials throughout, including open pore wood décor and two rear USBs
  • 12-way, power adjustable front seats, steering column and side mirrors, with custom driver profiles
  • Premium audio system with more power, tweeters, surround speakers and subwoofer
  • LED fog lamps
Nowhere in that list do I see upgrade option for seats; at least not specifically. I know the Vegan seats were a big deal last week, so I imagine they are only available in the Premium Uprades Package. Or is a separate price not yet listed?
I believe the upgrade is the first line "Upgraded interior...premium materials"

JBsC6

Country
Country
Wasn't it two levels of vegan seat material? Now we are talking about textile seat material? Have we seen this in any soy shots yet?

I don't think I'm doing the premium package...for five grand...

Is the wood paneling optional in he premium packaging.?

Are you guys planning on taking out the wood paneling on the dash and replacing it with carbon fiber or plastic? Seems like forcing wood on people would have consequences

Gizmo

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
No the wood is included in the premium package:

Premium Upgrades Package - $5,000

• LED fog lamps

Personally I would rather have a carbon fibre dash insert.

Badback

Valued Community Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country

• LED fog lamps
It's in the fist line. Premium seats are the vegan leather seats.

PcGuy

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Personally, if I spending $40k+ on a car, I want upgraded seats! I really think the downgrade textile seats are a fail by Tesla. They should have been included. After all, that would "simplify" the building process like they talked about.

Topher

Energy Curmudgeon
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Personally, if I spending $40k+ on a car, I want gold plated exterior! I really think the downgrade paints are a fail by Tesla. After all, that would "simplify" the building process like they talked about.

Thank you kindly.

UncleT

Country
Country
@TrevP , since you have felt the "vegan leather" seat material, could you determine if the 3 seats during your test ride were the same material, or if they were something else? Sorry if you discussed this elsewhere, but I didn't see or hear mention of it. Thx.