LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
EDIT: Yes, I see I made a typo in the Thread Title, but cant fix it

Texas has chance to receive $209 Million dollars from the VW Environmental Mitigation Trust! This money could help expand the adapation of EVs. I urge Ya'll in Texas to please visit this page https://www.tceq.texas.gov/agency/trust/trust-agreement and then Email the TCEQ with your thoughts as to what should happen with the cash.

Here is what I said to them. I am not a writer so take it for what it is...

Dear Sir or Ma'am.

I am writing this email to share my comments on the use of the large settlement that will be available for Texas to use.

As stated in you news release, "Once Texas is certified as a beneficiary of this Trust, a minimum of $209 million dollars will be made available for projects that reduce nitrogen oxides (NOx) in the environment"

The most effective way to reduce NOx in the air is to reduce the amount of Fossil Fuels that burnt on a daily basis. The obvious choice is to reduce the amount of gas/diesel burning vehicles on the road and replace them with electric vehicles. While coal burning power plants need to be converted to greener fuels like natural gas, this settlement would be best used to develop the infrastructure of a car charging network along our highways.

This is key to increase adoption of electric vehicles. Adding and supporting DC quick charging systems along highways and in partnership with private enterprise would quell people's "Range Anxiety" about owning an electric vehicle. This range anxiety is the fear that one wont have enough energy to reach their destination and there isn't a way to "refuel". Adding a network of DC fast chargers that work with todays electric vehicles (50kw), and future proofed like what CHARGEPOINT is developing (350kw) will eliminate range anxiety while making our air cleaner and our highways quieter.

Thank you for your attention to this matter and I look forward to following the TCEQ's progress on this front

Last edited: