Test units in stores

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
We may as well have a thread for this. A place for rumors on timing and then experiences from the lucky reservation holders.

I just saw on Reddit that a Florida location (not mine) is expecting a test unit in early November.

With that being said I will have definitely ordered and possibly taken delivery though it's unlikely I hit the first month in the 3 month window.

Last edited:

Model34mePlease

Country
Country
We may as well have a thread for this. A place for rumors on timing and then experiences from the lucky reservation holders.

I just saw on Reddit that a Florida location (not mine) is expecting a test unit in early November.

With that being said I will have definitely ordered and possibly taken delivery though it's unlucky I hit the first month in the 3 month window.
I called my local showroom a few days ago and they had no idea when to expect an M3 there.

HvyMtlChaos

Country
Country
Only official info I know of right now can be found here: https://www.tesla.com/support/model-3-reservations-faq
It states:

Will I be able to see and test drive Model 3?
In the coming months, you will be able to test drive Model 3 on display in select Tesla stores. We will share more information on test drives soon. Sign up for the Tesla newsletter to receive the latest news, events, and product updates.​

HvyMtlChaos

Country
Country
I've gotten a few of them, but not many. Generally not even 1 a month. Going back through my email history, here are all of them from newsletter@tesla.com (current sending address) and newsletter@teslamotors.com (previous sending address):

newsletter@tesla.com
  • 06/16/17 Subject: Tesla Updates June 2017, Topic: Autopilot Updates
  • 03/31/17 Subject: Tesla Updates March 2017, Topic: Autopilot Updates
  • 03/18/17 Subject: Discontinuing Model S 60 and 60D
  • 01/01/17 Subject: Free Unlimited Supercharging Extended Until 1/15
  • 11/11/16 Subject: Tesla Update - November 2016, Topic: An Update to our Supercharger Program
  • 09/22/16 Subject: Software Update 8.0 is Here
  • 08/20/16 Subject: Introducing a new 2-year lease option
  • 07/13/16 Subject: Model X, now starting at $64,500 after incentives
  • 05/02/16 Subject: Putting the Tesla HEPA Filter and Bioweapon Defense Mode to the Test
newsletter@teslamotors.com
  • 07/27/16 Subject: Affordable lease rates extended on Model S and Model X
  • 06/13/16 Subject: Model S, now starting at $56,500 after incentives
  • 06/09/16 Subject: Model S, now starting at $58,500 after incentives
  • 04/22/16 Subject: Now Even More to Model S, Topic: Model S Refresh details and "Get the classic before it’s gone"
  • 03/12/16 Subject: Tesla Updates – March 2016, Topic: Snow is better with Electric
  • 02/05/16 Subject: Limited Time: New Model S Financing Options to Fit Your Life (and Style)
  • 01/21/16 Subject: Tesla Ownership Made Easy, Topic: For a limited time, drive a Model S for as little as $698 per month
  • 11/10/15 Subject: Tesla Updates - November 2015, Topic: Introducing Autopilot
  • 10/16/15 Subject: Your Autopilot has arrived
I'm not an owner (yet) so I don't know if being one would have resulted in more or different emails.

Country
Country

With that being said I will have definitely ordered and possibly taken delivery though it's unlikely I hit the first month in the 3 month window.
Which FL store would that be?

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Update, for Europeans: swung by the local T≡SLA Store today and the rep (as expected) still had no idea when Model 3 may be on display over here - I don’t blame him... since EU deliveries are not likely before late 3Q18 if you are an optimist, why boost sales too early!! :)