Test drive request for Aussie visiting DC and Richmond VA in July

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Hi,

I'm an Aussie model 3 reservation holder and I'll be visiting Washington DC and the Richmond area in July, I was looking to try and catch up with current owner and get a test drive either as a passenger or (if willing) as a driver.

As I'm in Australia, whilst I'm looking forward to the 3 arriving, the reality is that unless the ramp goes well past 5k in the back half of this / early next year, it's likely an end of next year event.

According, I'm wondering if someone might be able to help me out and let me see and experience the awesome new vehicle in a real world scenario.

I'm more than happy to meet you somewhere convenient and catch up at night time or on one of the weekends that I'll be there.

Grateful if people could let me know if this might be possible - many thanks!

Last edited:

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Welcome, and great initiative, @Schnark !
Sure hope you’ll find a friendly owner here who’ll be prepared to accommodate!!

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Many thanks - i hope i meet up with someone too! I've been following the guys on twitter / youtube for a while now & are active within the Australian Telsa owners club, but 1st time post so appreciate the great welcome.

More than happy to buy dinner, or if they'd prefer, bring across a great bottle of Red from one of Australia's fantastic wine regions

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Hi all,

Just wondering if someone in the area might be able help out with this request - very keen to try and get in a model 3 and see how it works in real life, as it looks that the actually test drives won't be starting until just after I leave.

Grateful if a generous owner in the region might be willing to help someone out who has to wait another 1+ year to get their new vehicle.

Many thanks,

Kieran

Ohm My

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi, Kieran - That's a pretty broad swath of real estate between DC and Richmond! Some tips to help you get some takers:
1) post your message in Southeast, as well. This region really isn't in Northeast or Southeast, as those of us living here call it the Mid-Atlantic, but we would probably err toward the Southeast.
2) That's prime vacation time, so you might post a range of dates you'll be here folks can work around when they will be in town.
3) Because DC to Richmond covers two metropolitan areas and a LOT of suburbs in between them, if you narrowed the area a bit, would also help, because someone in DC is not likely to want to drive all the way down to Fredericksburg (the town that's kind of half way between DC and Richmond).

If you only could choose one of the above, I'd say re-posting in Southeast.

Cheers!

OM

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Thanks MGallo - i hadn't seen this update, but i'll contact them now.

Appreciate the info, and woohoo on the 5k/week announcement today!

bradkeller

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Schnark,

I'm in the DC area and got a Model 3 a few weeks ago. I'd be interested in giving you a drive/ride. Send me a message and we'll figure out if the dates and locations can align. You can reach me here or just email me at bradfordkeller@gmail.com

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Hey Firelegend,

Thanks for the info, but i'll unfortunately be flying out on the afternoon of the 25th! ;0(

Hope that the mixer goes well!

Cheers,

Kieran