Tesla's first V3 Supercharging stations are open to the public

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

airj1012

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
https://www.engadget.com/2019/06/07/tesla-v3-supercharging-stations-public/

Tesla's V3 Supercharging stations are finally available to everyone. Well, everyone that owns a Tesla and wants to cruise on down the company's Fremont, California factory. After some testing with early access customers, the eight stalls at the factory are open to all Tesla owners and support charging speeds up of 250kW. That means owners of long-range Model 3 (which supports charging at that speed) can add 180 miles to their vehicle in 15 minutes.

shareef777

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The v3 rollout sure seems to be going extremely slowly. Outside the couple test environments shown a couple months ago, ONE just recently became public? At this rate, it feels like v3 won't be available anytime this year outside California.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The v3 rollout sure seems to be going extremely slowly.
Only because Tesla pre-announces things.

It was announced on March 6. That's only 3 months ago.

For context, VW announced the Electrify America initiative back in 2017. Remind me, exactly how many high speed chargers have they installed?

shareef777

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

For context, VW announced the Electrify America initiative back in 2017. Remind me, exactly how many high speed chargers have they installed?
Tesla stated they’d be ramping up in Q2/3. Q2 is ending and the ramp up is the one site.

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Looking at their map, over 54 locations (each with multiple stations), including those online and those "coming soon".

And, here's an example of pricing, using one location as an example (sure it's different per state):
screenshot-12-png.26677

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
What about SR+, how fast can we charge on V3?
As best I remember, back in 2016-2017, for V2, standard range (the $35,000 unicorn) was quoted by Tesla as 130 miles of range in 30 minutes instead of 170 miles for the Long Range (First Production).

If that still holds, maybe roughly 130 miles of range in 15 minutes for SR+ V3?

I base this on the excerpt below: https://www.tesla.com/support/supercharging

How long will it take to reach 80% state of charge at V3 Superchargers?
We expect average charge times to be cut in half when the benefits of On-Route Battery Warmup are combined with V3 Supercharger power capability. The impact to individual owners will vary based on multiple factors, such as size and condition of battery pack.

EValuatED

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was going to ask the same thing!

We are planning a road trip to Orlando In February 2020, and would like to take advantage of any East Coast V3 SCs on the way.
Elon Musk recently said (I think in the Ride the Lightning podcast interview with @Ryan) that they would be concentrating the V3 upgrades to the original older supercharger stations... the stations that are currently getting 150kW would be the last stations to be upgraded... so I imagine that translates to them looking at V3 primarily on those 2012-2013 original locations, not ones brought online in the more recent years.
you can go to https://supercharge.info/data and sort by open date (oldest first, begins on page 3, after those not yet open) to see which were the original stations he is likely speaking about being first on the list.

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Elon Musk recently said (I think in the Ride the Lightning podcast interview with @Ryan) that they would be concentrating the V3 upgrades to the original older supercharger stations... the stations that are currently getting 150kW would be the last stations to be upgraded... so I imagine that translates to them looking at V3 primarily on those 2012-2013 original locations, not ones brought online in the more recent years.
you can go to https://supercharge.info/data and sort by open date (oldest first, begins on page 3, after those not yet open) to see which were the original stations he is likely speaking about being first on the list.
Sure hope we also get some key locations that have been waiting since 2017, like Elberfeld, IN. The stretch between Mount Vernon, IL and Louisville KY on I-64 has long needed another supercharger location between them.