TeslaFi vs Model 3

Sparky4life

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have been using TeslaFi to track my drives and I really love all of the detailed stats it provides, but I have noticed that it generally does not agree with the trip computer in the car. For example, on my 26.2 mile commute this morning, the car reported 227 Wh/mi but TeslaFi says 213 Wh/mi. On other drives, TeslaFi generally reports lower numbers than the car. What could account for this discrepancy?

TeslaFi also reports an efficiency % for each drive, which in this case was 103.5%. How is that number calculated? This corresponds to a Wh/mi value of 220 for 100% efficient.

Derik

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
What I'm guessing that might be causing this is TeslaFi might be missing some of the data from the start of the drive. Since it only polls it every so often there is a good chance the car will wake up when you start driving, but TeslaFi won't know anything about it for a couple of mins.

At least that is my guess

Sparky4life

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Except that they both report the exact same distance (26.2 miles) and TeslaFi is consistently lower than the car's reported value.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Except that they both report the exact same distance (26.2 miles) and TeslaFi is consistently lower than the car's reported value.
some have speculated the car pulls some of the prior stationary vampire drain into the next drive's numbers.

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have been using TeslaFi to track my drives and I really love all of the detailed stats it provides, but I have noticed that it generally does not agree with the trip computer in the car. For example, on my 26.2 mile commute this morning, the car reported 227 Wh/mi but TeslaFi says 213 Wh/mi. On other drives, TeslaFi generally reports lower numbers than the car. What could account for this discrepancy?

TeslaFi also reports an efficiency % for each drive, which in this case was 103.5%. How is that number calculated? This corresponds to a Wh/mi value of 220 for 100% efficient.
Have you altered or tried to adjust any of the settings under Account Settings> kWh & Wh/m(km) Factor: ?

untitled-jpg.12821