TeslaCam Viewer - Video Editor / Exporter - Windows only

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
TeslaCam Viewer Beta 2.jpg

I have been working on a windows .net app that can sync playback of TeslaCam footage and here is the Beta Version for anyone that would like to try it out.
Minimal Reqirements - .NET 3.5
YouTube Demo and a DropBox link to the current Beta version can be found in the Youtube video description.

Attachments

Gunn

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Nice job on doing this @NateM
I had a few activations of Sentry Mode over the weekend and this will greatly help in figuring out what happened, grabbed it this morning and will have a proper play of the app tonight.

eXntrc

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

MRinPDX

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

eXntrc

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I really do like the architecture of the app @mt09 created, but with his last appearance on the forums being 5/5 and no changes to the repo since 5/1 I'm worried about him.

Any one of us could fork the repo and keep going, but I'm hoping he comes back around. I still have a pull request there for some bug fixes on start.

I would love to see all the brilliant and creative people working on similar apps come together. Most of the devs so far seem to be C# / .Net developers like myself. I'm a fan of Xaml and the modern rendering engine, but it doesn't absolutely have to be that.

I'm heading to Berlin for work on Saturday. I'll be gone for a week but I'm sure I'll still be checking these forums while I'm away. Hopefully mt09 will reappear while I'm gone. If not, we can discuss how we want to move forward with which code base.

Thank you @MRinPDX for creating the installer. Hopefully there will be a chance to contribute it soon.

Cheers!

MJJ

Hey, you developers, how about allowing for additional streams, so other cameras can be mounted and synced?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
TeslaCamViewer-2019.24.1-small.png
This is only available to Windows users and requires .NET 3.5(already pre-installed in win7/10)

I've been working on my own version of a TeslaCam Viewer for about a month now and after many improvements, it now includes an export / video editor option. There are 5 view layout options to combine all cameras in to one video for easy uploading. You can select multiple clips (or just one) to join together and then trim off what you don't want. One of the original features that makes this viewer so great is that it allows you to quickly select each folder one by one and it's designed to take you directly to when a sentry mode triggered event would be within the timeline, allowing you to see what happen for each of the notifications we now get on our screens. Here is a quick video walking through some of the features

Did I mention it's FREE and open source through GitHub. Click here
This was also mentioned on the "The Lemon Pie" edition of the Tesla Owners Online Podcast

Last edited:
Country
Country
Nicely done! I look forward to perusing your project on GitHub.
I spent maybe 4 hours working on a TeslaCam viewer. The file storage scheme is pretty simple. I built a folder browser and a clip viewer. Pretty basic, I admit, but what power to be able to easily view (and with your app, edit!) TeslaCam clips!
TeslaCamPlayerSS2.jpg

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If you can mirror-flip the side-marker cameras, you're golden. :)
I spent maybe 4 hours working on a TeslaCam viewer. The file storage scheme is pretty simple. I built a folder browser and a clip viewer. Pretty basic, I admit, but what power to be able to easily view (and with your app, edit!) TeslaCam clips!
View attachment 26777

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Don't like that I can't navigate to my clip repository, just because it's not named "TeslaCam". Why not allow arbitrary navigation?
I'll update the code in the next release to allow the -Custom Folder- location to have full access to all files, even without "TeslaCam" in the name. Sound good?
Right click on -Custom Folder- (at the top of the tree) to set the folder that you use for your clip repository, this will also be saved for when you open the viewer the next time.
I was trying to keep the folder viewing to a minimum for a cleaner look and navigation but if everyone agrees with you, then I'll open it up to have full file access. But thanks for bringing this up because I discovered a bug were non related files (dll, exe, bmp....) are being displayed, this will also be fixed in the next update.
1560320470649.png

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
View attachment 26777
What underlying video player are you using, VLC, WMP or something else? I've had the best luck with Windows Media Player(classic) and it's what I used but for the lightweight and fast response to controls compared to VLC.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I use VLC and had been using a few python scripts that people have posted so far. This program looks promising! Does it do a batch run once you point it at the SavedClips folder? The most recent python script I downloaded requires a specifc file per merge (unless I'm using it wrong...).

Thanks for sharing your work!