Tesla website sleuthing

KennethK

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
next possible finding:

i think the kwh consumption is especially interesting in this calculation.

{"months":60,"toll_savings":null,"distance_per_month":833.33,"distance":49999.8,"fuel_efficiency_imperial":28,"fuel_efficiency_metric":null,"kwh_consumption":0.237,"supercharger_kwh_price":0.2,"fuel_price":2.85,"kwh_price":0.127},"variant":["m3"],"market":"US"}

could this mean tesla is calculating the consumption for m3 with 237 Wh/mile ? is this a realistic value for a mile?

For imperial noobs like me this would mean

147 Wh / km

or if my math isn't completly off a range of
316 miles on a 75 kwh battery (which ofc doesn't mean that we have full 75kwh usable)

or

253 miles on a 60 kwh battery...
So at 220 miles, 220 * .237 = 52 kWh useable
And 310 *.237 = 73.4 kWh useable

RandyS

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Want a tiny bit more information about your projected delivery date?

Go here: https://3.tesla.com/model3/delivery-estimate

View source...Go to bottom of page...

Oct - Dec 2017 for "First Production" on the display page is from html code that says:

"currentStartDate" :
"2017-10-01"

and

"currentEndDate" :
"2017-12-01"

which seems just that much sooner than before (end date is beginning of December rather than end of December)... :)

Waiting....

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Want a tiny bit more information about your projected delivery date?

Go here: https://3.tesla.com/model3/delivery-estimate

View source...Go to bottom of page...

Oct - Dec 2017 for "First Production" on the display page is from html code that says:

"currentStartDate" :
"2017-10-01"

and

"currentEndDate" :
"2017-12-01"

which seems just that much sooner than before (end date is beginning of December rather than end of December)... :)

Waiting....
I think you have over-sleuthed :)

I suspect 2017-12-01 is how they extrapolate the text label "December".

RandyS

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
As we get closer to the end of the year, I'm sensitive to the delivery date because of the Federal Tax Credit...My first EV, a 2011 Nissan LEAF, was delivered to me on January 4, 2011 (VIN #191). I had to wait a very long year to claim that credit on my taxes....

So I like the idea of a "12-1-2017" date on the back end vs. a "12-31-2017" date.... :)

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
As we get closer to the end of the year, I'm sensitive to the delivery date because of the Federal Tax Credit...My first EV, a 2011 Nissan LEAF, was delivered to me on January 4, 2011 (VIN #191). I had to wait a very long year to claim that credit on my taxes....

So I like the idea of a "12-1-2017" date on the back end vs. a "12-31-2017" date.... :)
Randy you may have seen some of my other posts on this topic, but you absolutely do not need to wait. You can adjust withholdings on your taxes to take home more on each paycheck to gain the credit in even distributions throughout the year.

Please disregard if you are retired and not drawing a salary :)

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I looked at the webpage code from my configurator after I placed my order to check for changes.
From the MyTesla page, I clicked on the "Edit Design" link to get back into the configurator and then punched F12 to see the source code.

Aside from the old info with reservation date and invite date, there's a whole new section regarding the order and order status on Line 71. My code is here (identifying codes replaced with XXX)

'Order': {"orderDetails":{"userId":XXXXXXXX,"vehicleId":null,"referenceNumber":"RN108XXXXXX","vin":null,"modelCode":"m3","countryCode":"US","languageCode":"en","currencyCode":"USD","orderStatus":"BOOKED","invitationDate":"2018-01-04T00:00:00","marketingLexiconEffectiveDate":null,"reservationDate":"2016-04-01T04:57:06.642913","series":"GENERAL_PRODUCTION","orderType":"TESLA_LENDING","orderBookedDate":"2018-06-27T01:04:39.435479"},"vehiclePrice":59500,"estimatedDeliveryDate":{"startDate":"2018-02-01T00:00:00","endDate":"2018-04-01T00:00:00"},"alertDetails":{"registration":"COMPLETE","tradeIn":"ON_HOLD","regDelivery":"COMPLETE","directDelivery":"INCOMPLETE","driverLicense":"COMPLETE","insurance":"COMPLETE","orderType":"ON_HOLD","finalPayment":"IGNORE","survey":"COMPLETE","readyForDelivery":"IGNORE","financeOnHold":true},"paymentDetails":[{"amountPaid":1000,"paymentType":"CC","paymentReceivedDate":"2016-04-01T04:57:06.642913","currencyCode":"USD"},{"amountPaid":2500,"paymentType":"CC","paymentReceivedDate":"2018-06-27T01:04:24.885691","currencyCode":"USD"}],"enableOrderModification":true,"orderMoficationExpiry":1530XXXXXX},

Based on this code, it doesn't appear that finishing the driver license or financing section has any time stamp or effect on your production order.

If anyone has modified their order, can you please check your "orderBookedDate" and see if the date gets revised or if the original order date stays?

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just FYI, the "orderMoficationExpiry" [sic*] field isn't an identifier, it appears to be a (truncated) timestamp that corresponds to roughly an hour after you entered the design studio.

* I have a thing for misspelled field names. Among those that I regularly see at work (all in third-party systems, of course ;)):
  • ExipirationDate
  • UserPriviledges
  • trasnaction_date
  • Is_Referencable

Akilae

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Just FYI, the "orderMoficationExpiry" [sic*] field isn't an identifier, it appears to be a (truncated) timestamp that corresponds to roughly an hour after you entered the design studio.

* I have a thing for misspelled field names. Among those that I regularly see at work (all in third-party systems, of course ;)):
  • ExipirationDate
  • UserPriviledges
  • trasnaction_date
  • Is_Referencable
What I really like are variable / field names switching languages which depends on who is programming in this area of the code at the moment -.-

Or someone writes Aktualisieren while the other guy writes updating... :D

Mayhem

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
There is a field for VIN. Wonder if it shows up here before visible on the main manage page ala the now defunct wall connector store trick.....

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There is a field for VIN. Wonder if it shows up here before visible on the main manage page ala the now defunct wall connector store trick.....
I noticed that too. The real question is whether a VIN shows up in that field *before* the Edit Design link disappears, since you have to hit "Edit Design" in order to see that field.

Mayhem

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I noticed that too. The real question is whether a VIN shows up in that field *before* the Edit Design link disappears, since you have to hit "Edit Design" in order to see that field.
Thought about that too. Anyone who comes up with any methodology here regarding VIN visibility, edit link disappearance, etc would surely win the TOO internet award for the day, lol.