Tesla website sleuthing

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• A statement from the Founder of Tesla Owners Online:

TOO is, and remains, strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and we see no place for hatred and discrimination in our communities.

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Concerning all of the reports that the MyTesla page has updated...

If I go in through the website and click on the "My Tesla" link, it now takes me to:
https://www.tesla.com/mytesla
And I see the new, abbreviated page.

However, I had also bookmarked the MyTesla page, back when we initially received reservation notifications. When I use that bookmark, I continue to see the old-style page, including the link to the FAQ and cancellation options. That URL has the form:
https://www.tesla.com/mytesla/profile?rn=<reservation_number>

JWardell

TOO Master Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Nice @garsh

All you need to do is go to the new mytesla page and after if finishes loading, add /profile to the URL and hit enter and it will show the full profile page.
I'm sure something is just temporarily broken (then again I'm surprised it survived to the next day)

Akilae

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
Might have found something here in the code but I'm not that familiar with registration fees in the US.

Explanation: This line shows for every model of the configurator (they are shortened to ms,mx,m3). I have seen that the registration and doc fee for model s and model x are both 1200$ and I haven't found any 1000$ registration fee on the US website.

"Fees.US":{"fees":[{"feeType":"reg_and_doc_fee","financeType":"any","description":"Registration and doc fee","period":"once","variant":["m3"],"amount":1000,"market":"US"},

Akilae

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
next possible finding:

i think the kwh consumption is especially interesting in this calculation.

{"months":60,"toll_savings":null,"distance_per_month":833.33,"distance":49999.8,"fuel_efficiency_imperial":28,"fuel_efficiency_metric":null,"kwh_consumption":0.237,"supercharger_kwh_price":0.2,"fuel_price":2.85,"kwh_price":0.127},"variant":["m3"],"market":"US"}

could this mean tesla is calculating the consumption for m3 with 237 Wh/mile ? is this a realistic value for a mile?

For imperial noobs like me this would mean

147 Wh / km

or if my math isn't completly off a range of
316 miles on a 75 kwh battery (which ofc doesn't mean that we have full 75kwh usable)

or

253 miles on a 60 kwh battery...

Last edited:

Akilae

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
next finding:

Model 3
"Loan.US":{"loan":[{"market":"US","variant":["m3"],"variables":{"downPayment":5000,"minimumDownPayment":5000,"interestRate":2.74,"loanTerm":72,"loanDistance":null},"interestRateMatrix":[],"residualRateMatrix":[]}

this is the current code for Model S
{"market":"US","variant":["ms"],"variables":{"downPayment":5000,"minimumDownPayment":5000,"interestRate":1.99,"loanTerm":72,"loanDistance":null},"interestRateMatrix":[{"loanTerm":36,"value":1.49},{"loanTerm":48,"value":1.49},{"loanTerm":60,"value":1.99},{"loanTerm":72,"value":1.99},{"loanTerm":78,"value":2.24},{"loanTerm":84,"value":3.74}],"residualRateMatrix":[]}

Akilae

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
These code snippets are not visible on the current Model S or X configurator.

Made a separate Thread in the rumors section to discuss the findings to keep this Thread cleaner.

Last edited:

Akilae

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S

Akilae

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
Has anybody made a copy of the sourcecode from the configurator where the m3 parts where in it?

I'm asking because Tesla uses a footer to specify the homepage version. Current would be:

<!-- LB.107 -->

<!-- www.tesla.com -->

<!-- [BUILD_TAG_rc_201707271343_rel_r_201707_5_alpha.r1] -->
<!-- You are viewing the D7 website. :boom: -->

I would like to check if this is older or newer than the one I was checking. Regarding to the timestamp it could be that they rolled back to an earlier version as I made my findings at around 15:30.

EDIT:
Footer Changed to
<!-- LB.104 -->

EDIT2:
It seems that this upper part of the footer is not a versioning but rather an indicator on which load balancer you land. It changes on every reload.

Last edited: