Tesla website new delivery estimates

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The Tesla website changed the delivery estimates. Performance and RWD are now 1-3 mo. and AWD is 2-4 mo.
Yep! That's one of the many website changes that they rolled out today... Certainly nothing to complain about! :)

Bokonon

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well I'm waiting for the AWD so not as much benefit for me:(. But at least the estimate is not longer. They must have a surplus of RWD to move the estimate up to 1-3 mo.
Yeah, that's probably what happened. And I hear you, I'm in the same boat, waiting for AWD. But hey, at least you have a delivery estimate... mine doesn't show up at all because, behind the scenes, it's still set to my original First Production estimate of Mar - May. :)

Code:
window.tesla = { ...
  "Order": { ...
      "estimatedDeliveryDate":{"startDate":"2018-03-01T00:00:00","endDate":"2018-05-01T00:00:00"}
  },
}

Stewie Lie

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Mine got moved up also. Originally Oct-Dec, now Aug-Oct '18.

RWD, Sports wheel, EAP, PUP, White, no FSD. Southern CA. :D

rlb4

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think this is a good sign that I will get the car before the end of the year(and get the full fed tax credit).

harrison987

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
YUP!

Noticed yesterday!!

The odd thing is that when I reserved my RWD on June 30...it already stated AWD was 2-4 months at my end...maybe because I had the earlier reservation?.

I was assigned a VIN within 2 days of ordering, and 3 days ago, a rep reached out to me, as "first point of contact".

My original delivery date was Oct-Dec...NOW...it is Aug - Oct!

NICE!!!

:)

Dogwhistle

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Looks like they are blowing through their backlog of higher-spec’d cars quicker that anticipated. I’m sure the number of folks waiting on the base car is pretty huge. Get the margins high this year, continue to ship the volume next year when they can better afford it.

RoccoX

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wow with those new delivery estimates I might need to order now, up to recently I did not think I had a prayer of the full $7500 so had been holding off.

harrison987

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I placed my order June 30...and my delivery date is July 16.

Was told by the rep that they are at 200,000 cars...doing 7000 a week...so if someone wants to meet the tax credit deadline, they should probably do it sooner than later...

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
One of the sales folk at the Santa Barbara location told me yesterday that they did not go over the 200k mark until the calendar quarter turned over. Ergo, 12/31 last day to get full federal credit.

Dl6684

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Interesting, my awd order still says sep to nov. maybe I should cancel and place a new order to get it in 2-4 months. (Kidding)
I actually just read a post from a guy that his AWD (Bay Area) could be delivered in 2-4 weeks.

I have an earlier reserve and same config date, but eastern US, and my time still says sept - nov.

Bokonon

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Per the official Tesla Twitter account, it looks like delivery estimates will updated again over the next few days:

Hopefully this includes those of us who are missing a delivery timeline entirely...

Stewie Lie

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Checking this thread incessantly to see if anyone got updated.

Mine was updated last week from Oct-Dec to Aug-Oct! Significant change!! Curious as to what updates they have in the next few days.. a smaller delivery window perhaps?

Bokonon

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Checking this thread incessantly to see if anyone got updated.
Mine was updated last week from Oct-Dec to Aug-Oct! Significant change!! Curious as to what updates they have in the next few days.. a smaller delivery window perhaps?
That's my hope... though honestly, given that I currently have no delivery estimate at all, any estimate will do. :)

P.S. I have my web-monitor set to refresh my Tesla Account for changes every 15 minutes. :D