Tesla WeatherTech Model 3 Floor Liners & Mats

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Will You Buy Floor Liners To Protect Your Model 3 Interior?

• Yes

Votes: 364 79.5%
  • No

Votes: 15 3.3%
  • Maybe If The Price Is Right

Votes: 79 17.2%

• Total voters

Johnston

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
WeatherTech floor liners are made from a hard, smooth, thick rubber. Maxpiders are a thin, textured foam.
Dragging heavy and sharp objects across the latter will eventually tear it. WT definitely preferable for cargo areas, although I'll admit probably not as important for passenger floor unless you drive with crampons a lot :)
My right heel is always sitting on the floor when I drive. Can't quite remember how long (maybe around 50K miles) I had the Maxpiders, but where my heel sits the mat has thinned out quite a bit (almost through) vs the rest of the mat.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My right heel is always sitting on the floor when I drive. Can't quite remember how long (maybe around 50K miles) I had the Maxpiders, but where my heel sits the mat has thinned out quite a bit (almost through) vs the rest of the mat.
I've definitely worn heel holes into lesser all-weather mats.
I guess not as much as a problem once our cars are driving themselves :D

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My OEM carpet mats are wearing where my right heel rests already and I had maybe 10k miles on them when I put the MAXpider in.

dfw

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
I just got the OEM all weather mats in yesterday, and they are awesome.

Way better than the ones I ordered off Amazon after seeing a link somewhere else.

John A Bailey

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I Loved the weathertech and had them in my Model S, FJ cruiser, and Landcruiser and felt that nothing could be better....However, I ordered the Maxpiders at my son's suggestion for my model 3 and they blow the weathertech's away...in fit, looks and price. I simply could not be happier....I mean who the hell sends a picture of their floormats to their family with heart signs all over it?...me...oh yeah I did

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
I've used Weathertech mats for decades.

However, after my first winter with using TuxMats, I am convinced the TuxMats are a superior product.

Not only do the TuxMats cover more areas susceptible to slush/salt water creep (protection to the top of the dead pedal for example), but once a week cleanups of the salt/sand mess have proven easier and more successful.

Of course, it has only been one winter.

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ordered! I have the other OEM ones and they were stylish but not near as protective as a real "Weather Tech" design.

These are much more like it!

Johnston

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Damn, definitely want those new ones. I hate how the current ones' rear one has 2 separate pieces, and they don't connect well. These new ones have much better coverage too. Maybe can sell both the carpet mats plus the old ones to cover the cost.

zosoisnotaword

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wonder why they chose to only protect half the dead pedal- we have MAXpider sets on our 3s and like them.
Yeah, it seems like someone can easily scrape snow off the bottom of their shoe and have it leak down the dead pedal under the liner. They look good, but since I don't get snow I'm pretty well covered with the low profiles ones.

AlohaAdam

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Any comparison write-ups between the Tesla-branded mats & the 3DMaxpiders?
Curious if any one has done a side-by-side comparison?

I like the idea of going with the Tesla-branded ones for continuity & uniformity. Not sure how they fair against the 3DMaxPider......

airj1012

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Any comparison write-ups between the Tesla-branded mats & the 3DMaxpiders?
Curious if any one has done a side-by-side comparison?

I like the idea of going with the Tesla-branded ones for continuity & uniformity. Not sure how they fair against the 3DMaxPider......
I'm looking for a review of the new mats too. Interestingly the still have the old ones up too.

Old - Model 3 All Weather Interior Mats - https://shop.tesla.com/product/model-3-all-weather-interior-mats

New - Model 3 All Weather Floor Liners - https://shop.tesla.com/product/model-3-all-weather-floor-liners

I guess mats vs liners "Unlike traditional floor mats, liners are comprised of vertical walls that ensure maximum protection to the foot-well carpet and easy cleanup"

Surprised no blog has done a review of these yet.