Tesla WeatherTech Model 3 Floor Liners & Mats

Will You Buy Floor Liners To Protect Your Model 3 Interior?

• Yes

Votes: 358 79.2%
  • No

Votes: 15 3.3%
  • Maybe If The Price Is Right

Votes: 79 17.5%

• Total voters

ChiTesla

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think they look great. Same high quality as other WeatherTech mats I've had in the past.

Like I said - side coverage was not a priority for me living in SoCal. I chose these purely based on looks and Tesla branding. IMO these are cleaner looking than Tuxmat and Maxpider (matches the minimalistic look of the rest of the interior). Happy with my purchase!

I have received mine also and just installed them. I think they look great. They are made by Weathertech but don't cover up the sides or back.

raptor

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
WeatherTech is talking about weathertech braded floor liners which should have much better protection than the Tesla braded mats. Higher edge some coverage of dead pedal ( at least based on floor liner I have for my Jetta Sportwagen
I really hope you're right about this (and shame on Tesla for dropping the ball here, official mats are useless in snowy climates). If you have an update, please let us know, thanks!

raptor

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am a longtime Weather Tech fan. I have been communicating with their sales team every few weeks since I took delivery of my M3D in Late August. I just got a note back yesterday that they are very close to having the Model 3 Floor liners available. They said to expect a 4-6 week time frame.
Any way we can get a follow-up on that? Nasty weather has arrived, and need something ASAP.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
We have had a nasty winter here in the midwest, and I keep waiting for WeatherTech for make their custom-fit floor liners for the M3. If anyone knows anything about when they will be released, or alternative floor-liners, I would appreciate the info.

Thanks!

Swoop

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The custom mats on the Tesla store for the model 3 are made by weather tech.
Agreed...they're not trays that cover the dead pedal though. Otherwise, they're great. Looking forward to the full coverage myself...especially after this Winter.

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Agreed...they're not trays that cover the dead pedal though. Otherwise, they're great. Looking forward to the full coverage myself...especially after this Winter.
The 3D MAXpider are trays that cover the dead pedal. I think they're much nicer than the WeatherTech I had for my previous vehicle.
Check out the 3D MAXpider Floor Liners. They have been great through the winter.

Johnston

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm a fan of the Tesla weather tech mats. I have had no problems with them so far.
My only complaint of the Tesla mats, besides of course not covering dead pedal, is the rear ones don't connect flush. Anyone else having the same issue or I'm just not doing something right?

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
We have had a nasty winter here in the midwest, and I keep waiting for WeatherTech for make their custom-fit floor liners for the M3. If anyone knows anything about when they will be released, or alternative floor-liners, I would appreciate the info.

Thanks!

There is already a WeatherTech thread which includes a long history of many of us begging for their release.
For well over a year, WeatherTech stated floor liners would be released "soon" but they never came to be.
Many of us gave up and went with the 3D maxpiders, which I will attest do look nicer than floor liners and also contain a large amount of liquid, but I doubt are as durable.
Looking back, it seems like WT had them designed...the trunk liner was available immediately for example...but Tesla forced them to hold off for some reason. Then Tesla must have changed their minds a few times (as Tesla does) and eventually made WT make their Tesla-designed mats, which while looking nice, will not contain water like floor liners.
WeatherTech might have signed some agreement agreeing not to release anything else. We don't really know.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
What makes you say that?
WeatherTech floor liners are made from a hard, smooth, thick rubber. Maxpiders are a thin, textured foam.
Dragging heavy and sharp objects across the latter will eventually tear it. WT definitely preferable for cargo areas, although I'll admit probably not as important for passenger floor unless you drive with crampons a lot :)