Tesla to Expedite Entrance into Icelandic Market

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I saw this, and I'm just over the moon. Seriously!!! I may actually be able to start up Tesla rentals here!

(Hamingjan er hér = Happiness is here :) )
Go for it! I'd rent a Tesla for our inevitable Iceland encore in a heartbeat. I keep thinking about how much cooler it would have been to drive from Reykjavik to Sólheimajökull in a silent, Autopilot-assisted Tesla than in a creaky, stinky, poorly-aging cargo van. :)

Oh, and did someone say Skógafoss supercharger?! Seriously, just set them up near various jaw-droppingly beautiful points of interest, and after 20-30 minutes of stunned silence and reflection, you're on your way.

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Jónas Sigurðsson is awesome :) He's one of those acts that's best live, it doesn't come through on his albums as well.

That was at the Drangey Festival, right around midnight. If you know Emilíana Torrini (Gollum's Song (from LOTR), Jungle Drum, Sunny Road, Tookah, etc), she played there too:

Grashelm

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Jónas Sigurðsson is awesome :) He's one of those acts that's best live, it doesn't come through on his albums as well.

That was at the Drangey Festival, right around midnight. If you know Emilíana Torrini (Gollum's Song (from LOTR), Jungle Drum, Sunny Road, Tookah, etc), she played there too:

Thanks for sharing...not familiar with either artist but did enjoy both immensely! Is the
Drangey Festival an annual event? My wife and I have been talking about taking a trip to Iceland for years....that kind of venue is something we would thoroughly enjoy when we finally plan that trip. If it is an annual event, where does it take place?

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Thanks for sharing...not familiar with either artist but did enjoy both immensely! Is the
Drangey Festival an annual event? My wife and I have been talking about taking a trip to Iceland for years....that kind of venue is something we would thoroughly enjoy when we finally plan that trip. If it is an annual event, where does it take place?
Whoops, forgot to reply to this :) I'm not sure if they're still doing that particular festival, but there's a ton countryside summer music festivals every year. Just avoid Þjóðhátíð í Eyjum, unless your goal is to get wasted and sleep around ;)

Grashelm

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Whoops, forgot to reply to this :) I'm not sure if they're still doing that particular festival, but there's a ton countryside summer music festivals every year. Just avoid Þjóðhátíð í Eyjum, unless your goal is to get wasted and sleep around ;)
Lol thanks for sharing...I'll keep that in mind! At my age, my goals are far tamer but absolutely enjoy summer music festivals!