Tesla superchargers in the USA

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

save_300_dollars_ev_dot_energy

FRC

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
THIS is the message that needs to be spread so that those without home charging options can truly understand that an EV (specifically a Tesla) IS still a viable alternative to an ICE vehicle. Not saying that it's a better option for everyone, especially if cost is the number one factor, barring that it's definitely an option.
Preach, brother, preach!

Reactions: garsh

Klaus-rf

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Infrastructure build out is the one area in which I think Tesla is doing a SUPERB job, and an area in which the competition lags hopelessly behind. In the US, Tesla has pretty much finished covering the entire interstate system with superchargers at intervals of 100 miles or less. Currently, they are increasing coverage at the rate of about 30% more superchargers per year. In 2020, they opened a new supercharger in North America every day and a half on average, or put another way, a new stall about every 4 hours. And this I understand that California has experienced some overcrowding issues, but I'll have to let someone else speak to that.

Overall, Tesla has provided more than enough superchargers for the current fleet in the US, and they continue to expand the system in anticipation of future growth. So, in this regard, I for one give Tesla a hearty "Well done chaps!".

Over the last 3 years I have road tripped every state in the US except Arizona and California, and all the western provinces in Canada.

You got something against Arizona? Tell me it ain't so?

• Funny
Reactions: GDN and FRC

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
THIS is the message that needs to be spread so that those without home charging options can truly understand that an EV (specifically a Tesla) IS still a viable alternative to an ICE vehicle. Not saying that it's a better option for everyone, especially if cost is the number one factor, barring that it's definitely an option.
I tend to disagree - the infrastructure is there in the way that @FRC has noted and used, traveling the open roads. However, if there were to be a big uptick in owners that do not have charging options at home we would truly overwhelm the in town chargers.

TX has the most of the major interstates covered well, but there are still some very obvious gaps and even until last year we couldn't get to Denver traveling the most direct route. We had to go out of the way to hit SC's to make the trip. There are other routes that still lack SC's.

When it comes to Urban/In town chargers the one and only SC in proper Dallas is often full during the day times. It is closer to likely a larger population of S's that may have free Supercharging and also owners that don't have home charging options. I'm all about another charger or two in town, after we get more out on the open roads where the gaps still exist.

shareef777

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I tend to disagree - the infrastructure is there in the way that @FRC has noted and used, traveling the open roads. However, if there were to be a big uptick in owners that do not have charging options at home we would truly overwhelm the in town chargers.

TX has the most of the major interstates covered well, but there are still some very obvious gaps and even until last year we couldn't get to Denver traveling the most direct route. We had to go out of the way to hit SC's to make the trip. There are other routes that still lack SC's.

When it comes to Urban/In town chargers the one and only SC in proper Dallas is often full during the day times. It is closer to likely a larger population of S's that may have free Supercharging and also owners that don't have home charging options. I'm all about another charger or two in town, after we get more out on the open roads where the gaps still exist.

I did say viable. I don't think we're ever going to get to the point of a gas station on every corner, but keeping them by every major highway today helps eventually get enough people on-board that it makes people's home/renting options more narrowed to ones with available charging. Pretty sure everyone in this forum would now consider EV charging when deciding on their next place to call home. Once these people number into the millions, landlords will be forced into making EV charging available.

Reactions: garsh