Tesla Service Scheduling Priorities

JasonF

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was wondering if something about service scheduling was going on anywhere else but here...

I remember reading...a lot...that Tesla was emphasizing mobile service over the service center because it can much better handle the demand, and requires less service centers.

But when I schedule service from the app (the only way to do it now), it schedules a Service Center appointment exclusively. I live chatted with Tesla about it, and was told that too many service customers ended up needing their car put on a lift, and therefore all appointments are now scheduled exclusively at the service center. And then you have to live chat with them, or email them, to get permission to switch to mobile service.

This is a change from Jan/Feb when they would give priority to mobile service - and that was for a tire rotation.

The appointment I scheduled was for interior speaker vibration (part 2, they messed with it before) so there wouldn’t be any reason to put it on a lift.

So is this happening just in this area (Orlando FL)? Is there a shortage of mobile rangers here, or maybe the SC is freed up enough now that they can handle all the service requests, so they don’t need mobile repair as much (that would admittedly be kind of cool if so few Teslas needed repair now that the SC could handle them all)?

Or have too many customers been lying about what they need repaired, and “oh btw, can you do a motor replacement while you are here?”, and then they’re angry when it needs to go to the SC for that, so they’re just scheduling all non-specific repairs at the SC just in case now?

What do you think? What’s the repair policy where you are?

FF35

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
From what I understand, they’ll review what’s needed and if it can be done with mobile service then they’ll contact you to schedule that.

JasonF

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
From what I understand, they’ll review what’s needed and if it can be done with mobile service then they’ll contact you to schedule that.
Usually, yes. I summarized a lot, there were a few more steps in there:

First, I chatted with them asking if the app had a way to schedule mobile service. They told me no, just schedule regular service (as you said) and they would contact me if mobile was available.

Got a text after scheduling asking what needed to be done. I told them an interior speaker was vibrating. The response was "here is your service center appointment".

Chatted again, asked if I scheduled it incorrectly because they gave me a SC appointment. They said that no, I was scheduled at the SC because too many customers ended up needing a lift for repairs. I pointed out this was an interior part, and they said maybe the mobile service people weren't allowed to remove door panels anymore. Then they contacted the SC to check, and as the chat person phrased it, the SC "approved" the repair with mobile service.

So the progression of events seems to indicate that they now favor the SC, and are restricting the use of mobile service. I was curious if this is the new policy everywhere, or if it's just locally because maybe they have a shortage, or the metro area is too large with just one SC?

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
my mobile service coordinator previously has said to just text him directly. he will then schedule a mobile appointment, or if it sounds like it needs to be an in shop appointment, will move it over to that group.
it likely is different from location to location depending on the staffing.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This has been my experience lately as well. They confirm it’s a job for mobile, cancel my appointment to bring in the car, and circle back to coordinate mobile service once parts (if needed) are in.