Tesla reverses course again - raising prices, leaving some stores open

webdriverguy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
likewise - I was going to wait a couple more weeks, but went ahead and handed over my $2180 (tax included) to tesla this morning. I always expected the hardware would be included for everyone who paid for FSD one way or another, so wasn't concerned about that. Just attempting to spread out the wear and tear on my bank card this month 😆
NON EAP owner here I was definitely going to get the 2k AP after the price cut but given the monday deadline i am thinking of going all in :)

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Having just bought this last week and going active on Saturday morning, I am glad I bought both. With just the AP, you cant change lanes in Autosteer. So you will have to overpower the autosteer to change lanes. Not hard but kinda jerky to do. With the FSD you get the lane change, Nav on AP, Summon and Hardware upgrade in the future. Glad I did it

webdriverguy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I understand "we" are all fan boys that like to ride elons nuts... but it sure looks like him i mean a cash grab to me.
Time to step aside and Let Mary B run the Co.
View attachment 23169
To be honest that might not be a bad thing for him to do. The company is mature enough now. He can still be the chief design officer or whatever he wants to be called.

Artdept

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
To be honest that might not be a bad thing for him to do. The company is mature enough now. He can still be the chief design officer or whatever he wants to be called.
D09uKvVVsAAEL0Q.jpg
I think he likes to be called "The Rock" these days, me thinks is a Mars type thing. ( photo credit: Unkown)

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Not sure who might be best suited to run the "business". But it ain't Elon. Don't misunderstand me; without Elon, Tesla never happens. And we need Elon behind the scenes dreaming, imagining. But Tesla is now a business, Elon, not an idea. Time to let someone who is well versed in running a business run this business. LOVE the car, HATE the business.

C.Ross

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Having just bought this last week and going active on Saturday morning, I am glad I bought both. With just the AP, you cant change lanes in Autosteer. So you will have to overpower the autosteer to change lanes. Not hard but kinda jerky to do. With the FSD you get the lane change, Nav on AP, Summon and Hardware upgrade in the future. Glad I did it
Alternatively, you can pull down/push up on the the left/right indicator and that takes you out of autosteer, and then you can do the lane change without ever having to pull hard on the steering wheel.
BUT, you do have that annoying beep beep that indicates you are no longer in autosteer every time you do that.

I am considering getting FSD but can’t afford it - or should I be instead be saying I cannot afford to not get FSD because of the imminent return to it’s normal price again. Augh. Frustrating.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Alternatively, you can pull down/push up on the the left/right indicator and that takes you out of autosteer, and then you can do the lane change without ever having to pull hard on the steering wheel.
BUT, you do have that annoying beep beep that indicates you are no longer in autosteer every time you do that.

I am considering getting FSD but can’t afford it - or should I be instead be saying I cannot afford to not get FSD because of the imminent return to it’s normal price again. Augh. Frustrating.
Are you you saying use the turn signal to get out of auto steer? Are you meaning with AP without FSD? Cuz if I do that, the car changes lanes since I have the FSD.

B.Silva

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
FSD, AP, EAP, NoA, TACC - lotsa acronyms I'm seeing these days. For other newbies like me,
FSD = Full Self Driving
AP = Auto Pilot
EAP = Enhanced Auto Pilot (what I got with my Model 3)
NoA = Navigation on Auto Pilot
TACC = Traffic Aware Cruise Control

webdriverguy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Are you you saying use the turn signal to get out of auto steer? Are you meaning with AP without FSD? Cuz if I do that, the car changes lanes since I have the FSD.
AP was activated yesterday for me. Glad I bought it. Today when I was on highway it was prompting me to hold the wheel which I had. Red screen came up and disabled auto steer for me for the rest of the drive. This happened after driving 25 miles. Annoying.

C.Ross

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
AP was activated yesterday for me. Glad I bought it. Today when I was on highway it was prompting me to hold the wheel which I had. Red screen came up and disabled auto steer for me for the rest of the drive. This happened after driving 25 miles. Annoying.
I may have mispoke when I said appling the turn signal turned off autosteer. I thought that it was doing that for me - but then yesterday it didn’t seem to be doing that. I probably messed up. Sorry. I’ll just need to buy FSD today.

C.Ross

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Also - keep in mind when it says “hold the wheel” it doesn’t matter how tightly you hold the wheel, the car is just monitoring for some slight resistance to its turning of the wheel. I remember being very frustrated gripping the wheel tightly as possible but now I realized I can hold it lightly with two fingers, while ever so gently tugging against the car’s turning of the wheel.

webdriverguy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Also - keep in mind when it says “hold the wheel” it doesn’t matter how tightly you hold the wheel, the car is just monitoring for some slight resistance to its turning of the wheel. I remember being very frustrated gripping the wheel tightly as possible but now I realized I can hold it lightly with two fingers, while ever so gently tugging against the car’s turning of the wheel.
When driving back same thing happened autosteer disabled after 22 miles. I tried your trick but dint work. Looks like it going to take me some time to get used to this. Ordering FSD today I am in.