Tesla Refunds Some Canadian Reservation Holders For Overcharge

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I received an email this morning from the Tesla team informing me that they discovered that I was overcharged on my AMEX. They said that AMEX did not use the correct exchange rate and over charged on transaction fees. Any other Canucks get the same email?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm not sure I understand the pricing of the deposit. They had advertised that the deposit was $1000 USD, with an exchange rate of $1.32 CDN at the time of the transaction that amounted to $1332.00 CDN. They reimbursed my Amex for approximately the same amount, so that now I paid $1000 CDN, which would be equivalent to around $700.00 USD.
So what gives, does anybody have any insight too this refund?

Mad Hungarian

Resident M3OC Wheel/Tire Guru
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm not sure I understand the pricing of the deposit. They had advertised that the deposit was $1000 USD, with an exchange rate of $1.32 CDN at the time of the transaction that amounted to $1332.00 CDN. They reimbursed my Amex for approximately the same amount, so that now I paid $1000 CDN, which would be equivalent to around $700.00 USD.
So what gives, does anybody have any insight too this refund?
Actually Tesla had announced prior to the reservations opening what the deposit fee structure would look like by country, and we Canadians got a sweet deal at $1000 CDN. Full article from Electrek.co here.

B10064

The deposit was $1000 in your local currency and where you are buying your car. Visa and MC deposits were processed as $1000 in Canadian dollars but for some reason American Express processed the deposit as $1000 US dollars.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Actually Tesla had announced prior to the reservations opening what the deposit fee structure would look like by country, and we Canadians got a sweet deal at $1000 CDN. Full article from Electrek.co here.
Ah, I missed that announcement, I was out of town when I made my deposit so I didn't look at that blog post.

Thanks for the information.