Tesla referral early expiration

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

F0ZZ

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I received my first referral in March this year (21/3/2020). This was showing up in my app with the approximate amount of range I had left. I haven't used anywhere near the amount given but the referral is now gone. When I signed into to my Tesla account, it shows the referral date starting in January

who can I contact to get this corrected?.

Thanks

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
F0ZZ, did they add back your miles and was there any hassle?

I checked my account at 10am and it said I had 140 miles remaining which expired today (7/30/2020), so I visited the Supercharger an hour later. Afterwards I checked my account and the referral miles disappeared and they charged me for the 40 miles I added.

I called customer support, and after a 20 minute wait, I chatted with a rep who put me on another 15 minute hold and told me that sometimes the miles expire in the morning and not the end of the day. Wth? I'm not too impressed with Tesla's customer support. And I find their online support lacking compared to other websites. :/

F0ZZ

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Tesla did get back to me. They told me the app has a history of malfunctioning and my miles were still available.

Malaromane

Green Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Apologies for the tangential thread-hijack but I have a quick referral-related question:

I reserved my M3 on 03 July using a friend's referral link. I took delivery of the vehicle on 17 July. I've checked with my friend and he has received credit for my use of his referral code and he has the 1500 kms of supercharging credit on his account. My account still does not show any credit for supercharging.

How long should I be waiting before I contact Tesla to see if I've fallen through the cracks? Should I be seeing the credit in my loot box by now or am I being impatient?

Malaromane

Green Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
My reward mile were accessible the same day the car was picked up.
Thanks for the data point. I was going to reach out to Tesla today to try to get this sorted out however I see that the supercharging credit appeared on my account overnight (it wasn't there yesterday).

Disappointed to see that the credit expires at the end of January 2021 giving me only 6 months to use it. I thought that the credit was supposed to be good for a year?

EDIT: Nope. Just went back and reread the terms and fine print and the credit is only good for 6 months. So I have nothing to whine about this time.

Malaromane

Green Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Just for future reference, you can track the status of referrals on your main account webpage in the Tesla Referral Program section under "My Referrals".
True. However in this case, I was the referree rather than the referrer.

At the moment, there is nothing showing on my Tesla account (website) but I see the 1500kms of free supercharging in the Loot Box on the mobile app.