Tesla Purchase Agreement

EasterEgg

Country
Country
I'm schedule to pick up my Model 3 next Saturday, July 7th.
I am planning to bring in 2 cashiers checks (Loan Check and my Banks check) for the entire amount.
At what point does Tesla send me the "Purchase Agreement" ?

The Purchase Agreement contain your VIN and you final price which includes tax, license and registration.

Is this agreement sent by email or is it available when I logged into my Tesla account ?

I need the "Purchase Agreement" to finalize my Loan without this I'm in limbo.

Last edited:

EasterEgg

Country
Country
I got mine today for a delivery on the 5th. Your ISA can give you more info. Mine was emailed then e-signed by myself and a Tesla sales rep.
Thank you. My ISA told me I should get it within a week from delivery. I was wondering if it came in from an email or was on your Tesla account.

It looks like they emailed it to you, you signed it and emailed it back ?

flyeaglesfly

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The only caution I would add to this is that the effectiveness of the ISA’s seems to be very luck of the draw. I’ve seen lots of reports of very helpful ISA’s, but mine was terrible. After the initial contact to confirm my payment method, she never responded to another email or phone call. There was a phone number on the order page and I gave up on my ISA and called that number several times and they were always extremely helpful, able to access account info, etc... They were ultimately who confirmed my final amount due at delivery so that I could line up what I had to.

It was a little frustrating in the moment, but all of that melted away real fast at delivery when I rounded the corner and saw my car.

EasterEgg

Country
Country
The only caution I would add to this is that the effectiveness of the ISA’s seems to be very luck of the draw. I’ve seen lots of reports of very helpful ISA’s, but mine was terrible. After the initial contact to confirm my payment method, she never responded to another email or phone call. There was a phone number on the order page and I gave up on my ISA and called that number several times and they were always extremely helpful, able to access account info, etc... They were ultimately who confirmed my final amount due at delivery so that I could line up what I had to.

It was a little frustrating in the moment, but all of that melted away real fast at delivery when I rounded the corner and saw my car.
I totally agree with you.
My ISA is pretty responsive however when I asked her to receive my agreement earlier she say that the contract team does this. She would e-mail them with my request and e-mail me the results.

She told yesterday that I would receive my agreement by the end of day, of course I didn't receive anything and today is Saturday, ISA don't work on weekends.
I was really hoping to get my agreement and get everything done on Saturday instead I have to take time off from work.
So disappointed in their services so far.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Can someone tell me how I can get a PSA from Tesla, my credit union needs it to lock in my loan rate, and I need that locked in loan rate to determine in my Tesla account if I am financing through Tesla or my credit union. Seems like a catch-22. I have yet to receive any responses to any of my email to my ISA...

EasterEgg

Country
Country
Can someone tell me how I can get a PSA from Tesla, my credit union needs it to lock in my loan rate, and I need that locked in loan rate to determine in my Tesla account if I am financing through Tesla or my credit union. Seems like a catch-22. I have yet to receive any responses to any of my email to my ISA...
I'm in the boat as you. I would contact your ISA and call Tesla or try to get in contact with the Contract Team.
My delivery is next Saturday and I need this for my loan. It's really cutting it close, real close.

Let me know if you find anything, I'll do the same.

btpier

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Great, Thanks, now the wait continues for me as my delivery is next Saturday, July 7th.
My scheduled delivery is 7/6 at noon and I just got the final paperwork for signature at about 1 pm today. At the same time, my account page still shows my RN# but when I click manage, I have the VIN and ability to pay the non-financed portion of the payment. I still need to get an MVPA with my credit union listed as the lien holder in order to finalize my loan.

swooshbear

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
My ISA sent me a Pro-Forma MVPA that had all of the details of the final MVPA and I sent that to my credit union. My loan was locked in but they would not cut the check until I had the final MVPA signed by me and Tesla. Friday was pretty crazy for everyone (Tesla contracts and my credit union as well) and I didnt have a fully executed document until 4:30pm.

But once the contract is ready, it shows up in your account and you get an email to virtually sign the MVPA.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My ISA sent me a Pro-Forma MVPA that had all of the details of the final MVPA and I sent that to my credit union. My loan was locked in but they would not cut the check until I had the final MVPA signed by me and Tesla. Friday was pretty crazy for everyone (Tesla contracts and my credit union as well) and I didnt have a fully executed document until 4:30pm.

But once the contract is ready, it shows up in your account and you get an email to virtually sign the MVPA.
Is there someone other than the ISA that can do this? Mine has yet to respond to any emails or phone calls.

EasterEgg

Country
Country
Today is Monday, July 2nd and I have not yet receive my agreement. My schedule delivery date is Saturday July 7th, Weds is Holiday too.

I have emailed my ISA and left a voicemail seems like my ISA is not responsive now that I need her the most. Really disappointing, i know they are super busy but we need this to get our Loan finalized.

My called finally went through, a rep told me that the final agreement and portal will not show up until 72 to 48 hours prior to our schedule appointment. This makes it super hard for us to finalized our Loan, the rep didn't seem to care I was just another person calling in out 400K people.

Last edited:

flyeaglesfly

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sorry about your ISA pain, I was there, and it sucks. Just know it’ll all be a forgotten memory soon.

Mine opened within about that window as well. I did financing through Tesla, with plans to immediately refi into a credit union (just trying to keep the process simple) so it was quick from there and I made my delivery appointment. I’ve seen folks have to delay their appt a day or two to finalize arrangements though when using external financing. It sucks to have to wait another day or two, but you’ll get there and it’ll be worth it.

slacker775

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sorry about your ISA pain, I was there, and it sucks. Just know it’ll all be a forgotten memory soon.

Mine opened within about that window as well. I did financing through Tesla, with plans to immediately refi into a credit union (just trying to keep the process simple) so it was quick from there and I made my delivery appointment. I’ve seen folks have to delay their appt a day or two to finalize arrangements though when using external financing. It sucks to have to wait another day or two, but you’ll get there and it’ll be worth it.
I had been meaning to mention this option myself. Auto refinancing is sooo not like refinancing a house. When I bought my last car, there was one of those fairly standard deals that knocked a couple thousand off the price if you financed through the dealer. The rate was OK but not super-awesome and the sales guy even advised that I just refinance it after making the first payment, which I did through my credit union and it was smooth sailing from there. Was a super simple process. Depending on how things go on this transaction, I may just wind up doing that again.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Today is Monday, July 2nd and I have not yet receive my agreement. My schedule delivery date is Saturday July 7th, Weds is Holiday too.

I have emailed my ISA and left a voicemail seems like my ISA is not responsive now that I need her the most. Really disappointing, i know they are super busy but we need this to get our Loan finalized.

My called finally went through, a rep told me that the final agreement and portal will not show up until 72 to 48 hours prior to our schedule appointment. This makes it super hard for us to finalized our Loan, the rep didn't seem to care I was just another person calling in out 400K people.
When I finally got a hold of my ISA today and hammed him with questions, this was one of them, and he said the same thing. 2-3 days before delivery the PSA will show up on your my tesla site to download.
Only then can I bring that document to the bank and actually secure the loan.
Yikes.

EasterEgg

Country
Country
When I finally got a hold of my ISA today and hammed him with questions, this was one of them, and he said the same thing. 2-3 days before delivery the PSA will show up on your my tesla site to download.
Only then can I bring that document to the bank and actually secure the loan.
Yikes.
I just received my PSA today however the Loan amount is incorrect. I'll need them to adjust it and re send it. Hopefully it's faster than the original.

Last week, I have provided everything to my Loan Agent, driver license, insurance, pay stubs, and where the check needs to be sent.

The only thing he needs now is the PSA and a copy of my down payment with my VIN as reference.

Hopefully, I will make it, but the Holiday is a factor in pressing time as well.

Runt8

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country

If you don’t mind me asking, what rate did you get through Tesla?

flyeaglesfly

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
3.25%, which ended up being with JP Morgan Chase (I think Tesla just bids it out to partners). You can absolutely do much better elsewhere. I just have a low tolerance for process frustration and knew from getting solar through Tesla how well integrated the loan process was, so was willing to take the hit until I moved it to a credit union.