Tesla Prepping v10 for wide rollout!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• A statement from the Founder of Tesla Owners Online:

TOO is, and remains, strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and we see no place for hatred and discrimination in our communities.

V10

• This week!

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • October

Votes: 55 49.1%
  • November

Votes: 14 12.5%
  • December

Votes: 9 8.0%

Votes: 7 6.3%

• Total voters

Zek

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I think smart summon will be at about the same level as the first NOA, fun but not ultimately as usable as we hope, and I am OK with that!

Zek

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I hope we see City Driving in some limited fashion this year!

Zek

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
This week probably, next week definitely!
Q3 ends in a few days, I see them rushing to push maybe over the weekend to recognize FSD revenue as profit in Q3. I mean first release will be somewhat funky, but better then anyone else out there. Go Tesla!

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
soo excited to get the new V10.
Is there any news on European legislation and whether all new features like smart summon are going to be rolled out in Europe as well?

Zek

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
soo excited to get the new V10.
Is there any news on European legislation and whether all new features like smart summon are going to be rolled out in Europe as well?
I think you guys will get v10 without smart summon.

Zek

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I am looking at Tesla upgrading most cars to 2019.32.2.2 in prep for v10 - same thing happened with v9 - they try to move most eligible cars onto one software release - so when they go from 2019.32.2.2 v9 to 2019.36.x v10 it's a more predictable safer jump. Plus don't forget revenue recognition in q3 as profit for FSD buyers will push tesla into profitability in q3!!! Huge win for everyone

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I am looking at Tesla upgrading most cars to 2019.32.2.2 in prep for v10 - same thing happened with v9 - they try to move most eligible cars onto one software release - so when they go from 2019.32.2.2 v9 to 2019.36.x v10 it's a more predictable safer jump. Plus don't forget revenue recognition in q3 as profit for FSD buyers will push tesla into profitability in q3!!! Huge win for everyone
Why can’t they already claim profit on purchased FSD? Do you have any source to back this up? No one can cancel or return the FSD they purchased so I’m pretty sure they have always claimed it as profit.

Zek

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Why can’t they already claim profit on purchased FSD? Do you have any source to back this up? No one can cancel or return the FSD they purchased so I’m pretty sure they have always claimed it as profit.
If you read financials from Q2 - FSD is recorded as revenue and sits in the bank - the feature has not bean rolled out. When it rolls out in parts and is in hand, the revenue can be counted as profit but not all as not all FSD features are live!

Zek

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
A better worded post from another person:

”Tesla can receive and use cash from selling FSD, but they can't show it on the income statement until they deliver some percentage of the product (which would then allow them to recognise that percentage of the cash as revenue). It's functionally an accounting fiction, they've made very little from FSD thus far. Some quarter at some point in the future will have an artificial boost to income from FSD.”

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Basically, if Tesla is never able to deliver FSD, they may have to refund everybody's purchase price or risk lawsuits.