Tesla Owners in Toronto: PPF and ceramic group buy

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Tony_YYZ

Tesla Fanatic
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'd be interested to know the exact costs for the Model 3 when they are able to release it. While I certainly WANT to get a wrap and/or ceramic coating, pricing determines everything. Especially after paying for the car. :)

Sandy

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'd be interested to know the exact costs for the Model 3 when they are able to release it. While I certainly WANT to get a wrap and/or ceramic coating, pricing determines everything. Especially after paying for the car. :)
Tony, Fabian’s base prices for PPF and Ceramic are on his website. Window tinting prices not listed because it’s so variable depending on product and choices.

https://evelynprotectivefilms.ca/#window-tint

Tony_YYZ

Tesla Fanatic
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tony, Fabian’s base prices for PPF and Ceramic are on his website. Window tinting prices not listed because it’s so variable depending on product and choices.

https://evelynprotectivefilms.ca/#window-tint

Hey Sandy,

Those are just generic ballpark prices. He states that he has to see each car to give more accurate pricing. Since every Model 3 will be brand new and thus condition should be the same, I was hoping to see some more solid pricing for that car and any group incentives that may be offered.

Sandy

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey Sandy,

Those are just generic ballpark prices. He states that he has to see each car to give more accurate pricing. Since every Model 3 will be brand new and thus condition should be the same, I was hoping to see some more solid pricing for that car and any group incentives that may be offered.
They are however I had Fabian quote me for PPF, Ceramic and window tint. PPF and Ceramic in-line with the website pricing except I chose to upgrade the PPF. So that’s extra for me. Tint is inline with other quality shops. This is before any potential discount. I spoke on the phone with him and then visited him at his new shop. He spent lots of time with me. I have total confidence moving ahead with him. His new shop is a fortress and the car will be inside the entire time. There are really just way to many variables even with a model 3 to lock down hard prices for everyone.

Tony_YYZ

Tesla Fanatic
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
They are however I had Fabian quote me for PPF, Ceramic and window tint. PPF and Ceramic in-line with the website pricing except I chose to upgrade the PPF. So that’s extra for me. Tint is inline with other quality shops. This is before any potential discount. I spoke on the phone with him and then visited him at his new shop. He spent lots of time with me. I have total confidence moving ahead with him. His new shop is a fortress and the car will be inside the entire time. There are really just way to many variables even with a model 3 to lock down hard prices for everyone.
Thank you very much!

What are you thinking of getting done? Full/partial PPF? Which coating?

MisterMatt

Country
Country
I would definitely be interested in a partial or even full PPF and tint.. maybe even ceramic depending upon what the total model 3 price comes in at.

Sandy

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thank you very much!

What are you thinking of getting done? Full/partial PPF? Which coating?
I’m getting ClearGuard Nano sr PPF complete front end. Includes paint correction. Clearest film out there. So Full hood, bumper, fenders, headlights, mirrors and trunk ledge. Feynlab Ceramic Plus entire car including over the PPF. Spectra Photosync window tint. Probably 75 on front side windows and 35 or 45 on the rear.
Legal tint in Ontario is nothing on the front windshield, 75% light transmission front side windows and anything you want on the rear windows. I want legal tint for a couple of reasons including night vision. Here are some picks of a white 3 with Spectra Photosync 65% on the front 3 windows and 35% on the back 3. Dark enough for me:

3388b3a6-ec3c-4f84-a0c2-3962b8999de1-jpeg.7317

8c60d771-4248-43c0-bf50-86a31de5ef0b-jpeg.7316

fa156efe-706c-447f-baed-7fa5660ffc2a-jpeg.7319

Tony_YYZ

Tesla Fanatic
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’m getting ClearGuard Nano sr PPF complete front end. Includes paint correction. Clearest film out there. So Full hood, bumper, fenders, headlights, mirrors and trunk ledge. Feynlab Ceramic Plus entire car including over the PPF. Spectra Photosync window tint. Probably 75 on front side windows and 35 or 45 on the rear.
Legal tint in Ontario is nothing on the front windshield, 75% light transmission front side windows and anything you want on the rear windows. I want legal tint for a couple of reasons including night vision. Here are some picks of a white 3 with Spectra Photosync 65% on the front 3 windows and 35% on the back 3. Dark enough for me:

View attachment 7317

View attachment 7316

View attachment 7319
Did you happen to ask any questions as to how the paint ages with only the front of the car being wrapped? For example will the non-wrapped portion be more susceptible to damage from the sun and swirls morose than the wrapped parts?

Sandy

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Trying to get a consensus of opinion of PPF is like trying to herd cats. As far as fade goes I've read this in a few different places:

ClearGuard Nano is UV stable, which allows UV rays to penetrate so that all surfaces fade at the same rate. This elminates the “2-tone” effect that often resulted from traditional leather bras.

The non wrapped panels will be exposed and the surface will wear more compared to the surface under the PPF. Thats the primary reason I'm doing the Ceramic. Secondary reason is not having to wax and the ceramics hydrophobic properties and ease of cleaning. Plus I will only hand wash the car myself. So any swirls are on me.

My idea of minimum protection would be PPF on the entire front bumper cover, mirrors and headlights. Thats where I have had over 95% of gravel rash, stone chips and pitting on past cars.

Last edited:

Tony_YYZ

Tesla Fanatic
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Trying to get a consensus of opinion of PPF is like trying to herd cats. As far as fade goes I've read this in a few different places:

ClearGuard Nano is UV stable, which allows UV rays to penetrate so that all surfaces fade at the same rate. This elminates the “2-tone” effect that often resulted from traditional leather bras.

The non wrapped panels will be exposed and the surface will wear more compared to the surface under the PPF. Thats the primary reason I'm doing the Ceramic. Secondary reason is not having to wax and the ceramics hydrophobic properties and ease of cleaning. Plus i will only hand wash the car myself. So any swirls are on me.

My idea of minimum protection would be PPF on the entire front bumper cover, mirrors and headlights. Thats where I have had over 95% of gravel rash, stone chips and pitting on past cars.
Thank you again for your reply. I appreciate the info.

Sandy

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Last edited:

georgenan

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hello, I'm very interested to get Fabian do my PPF and the Ceramic coating as well. for my Model 3. Is the The group discount for Model 3 still available? Thanks

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Anyone know where to get bulk Clearguard nano for DIY? I enjoy the DIY, plus the closest PPF installer of any kind is 80+ miles away. I have installed xpel PPF before on my wifes car so am familiar with the install process but would like to try Clearguard. Thanks! ... p.s. Live in South east Oregon.