Tesla Owner Charging Network

Pete_Clay

Country
Country
Hello all,

Was curious if it would be possible to create a Tesla Owner run network to share home and business 240V chargers and either find a simple way to earn credits as a Club Member by offering your home charger or deduct credits from the network by using someone else's home charger. A more complicated way to do it would be to earn money by offering your charger or pay money to another network member. As a solar PV owner, I would be happy to offer clean electrons to someone near my house or be able to use another solar home charger. Just curious if any one else might be interested and know of some simple way to share or monetize between members.

My other thought is that solar home chargers could be given a higher value, as a means to encourage others to add solar and perhaps provide another revenue stream. It seems to me that homes and businesses might be closer than full supercharger or destination chargers and would be another way to build a community and interconnect all our 240v chargers into our own network. A simple app like Turo could signal that a given charger was available and appear on a map. Would love to hear other thoughts and ideas around this concept!

SSonnentag

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I put my home on PlugShare, but now I have an old guy in a Leaf that wants to stop by 2-3 time per week to charge 25 kWh per session. He pulls a trailer with a generator onboard. It wouldn’t be so bad, but he never offers any sort of compensation.

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I put my home on PlugShare, but now I have an old guy in a Leaf that wants to stop by 2-3 time per week to charge 25 kWh per session. He pulls a trailer with a generator onboard. It wouldn’t be so bad, but he never offers any sort of compensation.
Add a note that you're only available for road trippers and emergencies?

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Does your entry on plugshare mention that you expect compensation?

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
50 to 75 kWh/week. Free? Wished you lived near me! JK! To me it seems he’s taking advantage/abusing what I would view as a privilege not a right. Your providing a very cool service that he is overusing. Time to have a word with him about it?