Tesla Model S/X/3 range at 55/60/65/70/75/80 mph

MP3

Country
Country
I drive a Model 3 LR AWD with 20" wheels. The last road trip I took was 213 miles door to door, and I left home at 100%. We received a alert that said something along the lines of, "please reduce speed to reach destination". We ended up having to charge halfway because the car was projecting us to NOT make it. How is this possible with the range listed at 236 miles at 80 mph? We were driving around 70-75 mph on the interstate for the majority of the trip.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I drive a Model 3 LR AWD with 20" wheels. The last road trip I took was 213 miles door to door, and I left home at 100%. We received a alert that said something along the lines of, "please reduce speed to reach destination". We ended up having to charge halfway because the car was projecting us to NOT make it. How is this possible with the range listed at 236 miles at 80 mph? We were driving around 70-75 mph on the interstate for the majority of the trip.

The table assumes optimal conditions. Flat, no wind, etc.

I see you're in Washington state, so I am going to assume there was some elevation involved in your trip.

Country
Country
I see 228 miles at 80mph and as said above that assume ideal temps and consistent speed. I've notice a big hit in efficiency if I go up and down in speed a lot, even if only 5-10 mph.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
We received a alert that said something along the lines of, "please reduce speed to reach destination". We ended up having to charge halfway because the car was projecting us to NOT make it.
Also note that the car attempts to arrive at each destination with 5% range remaining. So it will start warning you to keep your speed down in order to arrive, but it really means "arrive with 5% battery remaining".

With more experience, you learn by just how much you can ignore these warnings. :D