Tesla Model 3 or A4- So Torn!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

SweetBella

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
My 12 year old Prius is on its deathbed (at least in my mind)...Booked a model 3 in Jan 2017 and delivery date got pushed back yet again to Aug-Oct 2018, but for RWD and I live in CT, so prefer AWD which is currently pushed to Later 2018 (whatever that means!). Test drove A4 and loved it but really want a Model 3 but my gut tells me there might be further production delays and by the time i get Model 3 it may very well be end of 2019. Am i being pessimistic? I know my prius is good for a few months so wait it out or??? So confused!

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Your call but in a year when your tooling around in your A4 and see a Model 3 in your favourite color how would you feel?

SweetBella

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Thanks..Any tips of RWD vs. AWD or point to a thread where it might have been discussed? Thinking of just going with RWD but only in the spirit of hastiness ;)

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
@SweetBella , welcome to the forum and friendly greetings from across the big pond...

Can only second all the previous post responses and write to you what I wrote yesterday... choose whatever is good for you for the long run... not to meet any medium term need. No doubt you'll get your car well before the end of 2019, though in all fairness with a Jan 2017 res you may end up looking at late this year for First Production and early next for AWD.

If the Prius were to drop the ball on you, is a 12 months short term lease an option for you...?

Clearly Model 3 is the car of the future and cannot be compared to an A4, IMHO... so all a matter of taste...
Keep it up... :)

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
thank you. so i should basically stop listening to everyone in my life about AWD vs. RWD. :(
AWD will always be better. It's just that a RWD electric car is not nearly as bad as a RWD, front-engine combustion vehicle. If you felt comfortable with a front-wheel drive car in the winter, I am proclaiming that a rear-wheel drive electric car is just as good in the winter.

And using proper winter tires when it gets cold is much, much more important, regardless of how many wheels are providing locomotion.

SweetBella

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
@SweetBella , welcome to the forum and friendly greetings from across the big pond...

Can only second all the previous post responses and write to you what I wrote yesterday... choose whatever is good for you for the long run... not to meet any medium term need. No doubt you'll get your car well before the end of 2019, though in all fairness with a Jan 2017 res you may end up looking at late this year for First Production and early next for AWD.

If the Prius were to drop the ball on you, is a 12 months short term lease an option for you...?

Clearly Model 3 is the car of the future and cannot be compared to an A4, IMHO... so all a matter of taste...
Keep it up... :)
:rolleyes:
Thanks Michael! Appreciate your input. 12 month lease might work (at a higher cost of course) but i'm determined to make my prius work: despite faulty heat/ac, non-functioning trunk (doesn't open) and a few bruises here and there...