Tesla Model 3 License Plate Frame

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • Selling or promoting products is NOT permitted on TOO. Please contact us for advertising or sponsorship rates.
    No bumping of threads unless you're lowering a price, answering a question, or adding useful information. Please note that items for sale must be in the possession of the buyer unless prior approval is opbtained by the admin.
    ALL ADS MUST INCLUDE A PRICE
Status
Not open for further replies.

atebit

Event Horizon II
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’m selling the Model 3-logo license plate I received at my M3 delivery. I already had a frame I wanted to use so they never installed it. It still has the plastic protective film on it.

Not sure if they are still giving these out at delivery, or maybe someone might want a spare. $30 shipped within CONUS.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ben is talking about the chrome frame that goes around the plate, not an actual plate. You get one free with the car at delivery and Tesla also sells them for $40

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This is a link to an article from Houston, but I also recall Dallas police pushing hard a few years back and writing many tickets for having plate frame that would cover or obscure part of the plate. So this is about if you cover any part of the plate, if it doesn't you should be in good shape. http://www.houstontx.gov/police/nr/2006/aug/nr083106-2.htm

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This is a link to an article from Houston, but I also recall Dallas police pushing hard a few years back and writing many tickets for having plate frame that would cover or obscure part of the plate. So this is about if you cover any part of the plate, if it doesn't you should be in good shape. http://www.houstontx.gov/police/nr/2006/aug/nr083106-2.htm
Thanks for that info. I haven't put my plates on yet as the paper is still good til 5/15. Plus don't think I am gonna put the front one on. So I will be in violation on 2 accounts! LOL! look at this example of a "covered" plate...these people need to get a life untitled.png

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just so we are clear, here’s a photo of the plate frame that comes with the car. It sits BEHIND the plate and does not cover any of the front of the plate
I haven’t fitted mine yet, but it will cover the outer edges of the plate. Who cares? Not me of course. But the point is some cop could possibly give you a ticket to pile on....so be polite when you get pulled over for EXHIBITION OF SPEED in your new model 3 :cool:

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just so we are clear, here’s a photo of the plate frame that comes with the car. It sits BEHIND the plate and does not cover any of the front of the plate
Very nice - don't think I've seen a frame quite like that one. Shouldn't cover any of the tag. This is a struggle though, I've never hesitated putting the front tag on a car, but I'm having issues with this one. Just don't want that front tag on to mess up that front look of the M3. Will have to evaluate hard after the car and then tags arrive.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So... this goes on the rear I believe. At least that's where I used it. /ponder
I would have no problem putting it on the rear. My thoughts are around the frame that will adhere to the front bumper for states that require front tags. Apparently the good news is that it will be in the car, but not attached and the new owner can decide if it is attached or not. I will likely end up doing the right thing, but it is painful to see that on such a pretty front end.

I know there is another thread here I believe that also has alternatives to the bracket that ships with the car. They mount different ways. I'll investigate those as well before final decision.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I would have no problem putting it on the rear. My thoughts are around the frame that will adhere to the front bumper for states that require front tags. Apparently the good news is that it will be in the car, but not attached and the new owner can decide if it is attached or not. I will likely end up doing the right thing, but it is painful to see that on such a pretty front end.

I know there is another thread here I believe that also has alternatives to the bracket that ships with the car. They mount different ways. I'll investigate those as well before final decision.
This IMO is the best alternative -

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Coming soon to Quicksilver...this is the solution I am going with...Sto-n-Sho
Quicksilver - Have you installed the Sto-n-Sho yet? I'm interested in how easy it is to install and how you like it. I'm leery about putting even two holes into my new car. I was leaning toward the Evannex solution (since quick release isn't important to me), but I like how the Sto-n-Sho appears to be lower and shows off more of the natural fascia. Thoughts?

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yes, take a look at post #292 in my thread (in my signature). Should be on the 15th page.

I agree with you in that I like the lower install position of the sto-n-sho which does not block the natural front fascia of the bumper. The two holes are underneath the bumper area and I can live with that. Ideally, I wish front license plates were not required at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.